Skip to main content

Home In the Woods

Hey, y'all. I'm back at home tonight. Had a nice, if lengthy, trip. We used the northern route coming back which carved about 500 miles off the trip. We drove across Nebraska, my first visit to that state. It was rather pretty. I was struck by how few bugs and how low the humidity was compared with the southeast. As the elevation decreased after we left Wyoming and Colorado, my inner ear problems got better. We spent one night in Kansas City, which I am very familiar with, and I had something odd happen to me. I was standing outside a hotel and I had the strangest feeling, that I was in Nashville, Tennessee. It must have been that the area reminded me of a similar area in the volunteer state. It was quite pronounced, this feeling, and a little spooky.
While I was in Denver I saw a couple of things I'm not used to. Firstly, I went through a tunnel and there was a machine there that monitored your exhaust for emissions. I don't know if violators were issued a ticket or not. Secondly, on a toll road a sign informed me that a picture was taken of my license plate and a bill for the toll would be mailed to my home address. Later, at our motel in Cheyenne, we had to use our room key to get ice from the ice machine. Clearly, I haven't been getting out enough.
Tonight it was good to fire up the grill and cook some steaks and just be lazy. The best thing about traveling is that you enjoy being home more after a trip.
CE Wills

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...