Skip to main content

Bloodmasque, Deus Ex and Female Mechs

    Hey, everyone. I was off today and resisted the temptation to go and see Hugh Jackman reprising his role as the fierce Wolverine. Actually, I had a tough week and just wanted to stay home and piddle around. I had a nice day, really. I mowed my yard, swept the porch, listened to music and drank a few beers. Later in the evening I grilled some steaks and watched Total Recall on the telly. I saw it at the theater and did a review, last year? Good movie. I didn't play any I-Pad games but I was tempted (again) to buy the latest game called Bloodmasque. The game is a bit more interactive than you might think. You can actually upload one of your own pictures and the hero of the game will have your face. (I would hate to do that to an innocent hero. Heck, it might scare the vampires away.) You upload a surprised face, a fierce face, (like the Wolverine?) and a triumphant face. I imagine the results would be hilarious.

    Anyway, in the game you are a vampire hunter in turn-of-the-century Paris. It seems the place is infested with Vampires and attending monsters. Hey, I can think of no better place to go and suck on women's necks. Ha, ha. I draw the line at the blood thing, however. Yuck. In a perfect world, vampires would only leave hickeys. Ha, ha.
     The game is a big file, with nice graphics it seems, and it is a rather pricey $6.99. I said rather pricey because there are in-apps as well as the $6.99, similar to the game I just finished called Deus Ex: The Fall.
     Yes, I did finish Deus Ex. I enjoyed it and I don't begrudge them the price, or the two dollars of in-apps I bought. I finished it and I am proud to say so. Hey, at the end, when you are on the roof and that big robot is shooting holes in your buns, follow this principle.
A.) Every soldier you kill, go to the menu and save the game, so you don't have to kill him again if you die. Buy a few grenades before you start the battle; for the soldiers, not the Mech.
B) Grenades will not stop the Mech. Don't waste them. After you kill all the guys, work your way to the helo pad and stand on the back end of it. The Mech can't sense you there. (Run really fast to get there without getting killed.) Then, when he turns his robotic head toward you, shoot his eyes/headlights. That's his only vulnerable part. Unless you are a lady Mech. Ha, ha.
C) If you are having problems with the rooms that have a lot of enemies, try running close and attacking them with your augmented arm. You can only kill one at a time, I guess, but the others can't attack you while this is going on. It is the code of honor, I suppose. A machismo thing? Ha, ha.
D) Remember where all the stuff is on the maps. What I mean is this: Is the Hotel Etana on the Boardwalk or Downtown? They are going to send you all over the place and it is good to know where stuff is.
E) Also, keep a sheet of paper around to write down all the access codes that you find hidden in drawers and elsewhere. They can get you into locked places without having to buy hacking devices.
       The game wasn't all that long, I guess, and it seems that they plan on releasing sequels. When it finished, a lady pilot and I were on board our stolen helicopter, flying to another dangerous place. (Pictured above) Oh, in the interest of full disclosure, it took me the better part of my vacation to beat that game. I found it quite challenging. At the end, the game informed me that I could restart the game and play at a higher difficulty level. I may well do that, but for now, I must lick my augmented wounds, here at the author's green retreat.
     I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe