Skip to main content

The Rage Decision, Backstab and A Woman Of Depth

     Hey, everyone. Today is the 24th of September. The new, full version of the game Rage goes on sale on October 4th. Therefore a decision is looming for this gamer. People have been pre-ordering this title for months. It is likely that it is going to be, perhaps, the greatest video game in history. I play my I-Pad version of this game almost daily and it is the best game for I-Pad there is, in my humble opinion. The I-Pad version is only a small piece of the game depth that is going to be featured in the full game. Unfortunately, the full game will be available for X-Box, PC, PSN and PS3. There is no telling when or if the full version will come to I-Pad.
    I have never played a video game on PC and I have no idea if it would be lame or not. I am one of only 3 people on Earth who doesn't own an X-Box. I do have a Wii, which I never play.
     I really don't want to get involved in another system of game playing. You just keep piling money into them, it seems. The initial outlay is not so bad, but the darn games cost a fortune and I am admittedly a casual(?) player. That is probably a lie. Let's say that I am not a fanatical, hardcore gamer. Uh, let's just say that I don't want to change my gaming system or branch out to another one. True, I hunger for this one game so much I am tempted to try it on PC. Here's the deal. I'd pay about $59 for it on Amazon. On I-Pad, if I watch the sales, I can buy around 50 good games for that. Only 10 of them would be in Rage's league but there you go.
    For instance, one of the games I'm playing right now is Backstab. This swashbuckler normally costs $6.99. I bought it on sale for 99 cents. I have played it for two weeks and I'm nowhere close to finishing it. There is a good storyline, great graphics and it is a ton of fun. Most of all it is not so difficult that I cannot make progress, which is huge for the older crowd. You play as a dude named Henry Blake. Your buddy is a traitor to England. He sold out to the invading Spaniards (in the days of the great sailing ships) and then blamed it on you. He murdered your wife, also. So you are on a revenge trip. You sword fight, shoot people with a cap and ball pistol, ride horses, get propositioned by ladies, man a cannon against beautifully rendered ships, blow up kegs of explosives and more. I rate this game as borderline 5 stars out of 5 and I don't throw that out there very often.
    My point in that impromptu review is this: I think that I-Pad gaming is, overall, the best system when you start talking money with good gaming. I have no doubt that X-Box is superior in many ways. I have no doubt that Rage and some other X-Box games are worth $59. I know that a large team of professional, dedicated people have worked for a couple of years to bring us this game. Rage is a huge game. They say to have 2-4 Gigs of space available. It comes with 3 discs. And if you want to check out some of it, go to your right and down and click on the Rage.com link. There are several cool trailers.
    My worst problem in this is as follows. I hate to be the little kid standing on the outskirts watching everybody else eat an ice cream. That, my friend, is what 'early adopters' are made of. Yes, the early adopters are those folks who have to have the next big thing as soon as it comes out. They are beloved by marketing people all over the world. Sometimes I rise above this and sometimes I don't, like when I waited in line for an I-Pad 2.
    Enough of this B.S. Hey, I wanted to mention that I have added a few chapters to my short story called A Lady Of Depth. It turned out quite well. It is now about 5500 words and it's a good read. The premise is that a guy has seen a red haired lady who can breath under water. He saw her when he was skin diving and she saved his life, but his shrink thinks that she may be a threat to him. I have to say that the story gave me a few chills while I was typing it. It carries a 'G' rating. You'll see it at Amazon and all the other places in the next day or so.
    It is about time for me to return my focus to my books so I will bid you a good evening from the author's green retreat.
    I'm CE Wills.
PS. By the way, the picture above is of twin trees on the back part of my land. I find it odd that two trees would look so similar and be side by side. Like twin kids who were subjected to the same parents and environment but of course have subtle differences. These trees really lean and it feels spooky to stand in front of them as they lean over you in a tiny bit of a menacing way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio