Skip to main content

Monster Shooter, Free and Fun

    Hey, everyone. Let me salute all those of any nation who have served in the military. When you raise your hand and swear in, you commit yourself to die, if necessary, for your country. As such a person, you deserve my respect. The politics that control the destinies of little people like ourselves may make us enemies on the battlefield, but we are not so very different. We love our families and ...want to make a living. If the stuffed shirts of the world would allow it, we would most likely get along. Nuff said.
    I downloaded a freebie from the app store called Monster Shooter. It was 74 MB, not too huge a file, and it is a lot of fun. Let me say that this game does take the liberty of turning on your push notifications on your device, which I don't appreciate. After you download it and play it the first time, go to settings, notifications, notification center, then turn off the notifications for that game. At least I did, of course you can do as you please. But I digress. Here's the recipe for this game.
   It seems that some aliens have come to your house during the night and stolen your kitty, which has started a war between you and these persons who look like octopi. This is a dual stick shooter, meaning you move with your left thumb and shoot with your right. Your little avatar moves across an alien landscape, blasting several types of bad guys. There are grey octopi which die easily and red octopi with spots, which are bad to the bone and take extensive killing. Even with a shotgun, which I just bought after earning $500 after extensive work. I mean, the dudes you kill actually drop small stacks of cash or, of course, you can buy cash with an in-app purchase. Don't get me wrong, I know these guys have to make a living and if I enjoy a game, I make a point of buying something. Heck, this game doesn't even have ads, so I appreciate these folks.
     Some purple octopi have appeared now and as I scurry back and forth, settling their hash, as we say here in the south, I pick up power-ups. Stuff like healing cubes, money and glowing chunks of blue stuff that come from dead enemies. This stuff seems to fill up a bar which eventually results in a reward of some skill, ability or weapon. I only hope that the blue stuff is not some alien waste product, which would be unsanitary.
    The graphics on this game are very nice, very crisp. There are some cool touches, like a big hand that sticks up from the ground and wiggles its fingers, apparently to no purpose. Just being friendly?
   By the way, if you get a glowing thingy in the upper left, that means you have earned a new power-up. Tap it and select a gift from the drop-down menu. Be advised that you must double tap it to get it.
    Cool. I just earned a power-up and selected "monster vision" which gives me the ability to see the monsters' health status. There are a large variety of changing things in this game and I think you'll like it. I just went to the app store and bought its sequel for 99 cents. It is called Monster Shooter, the Lost Levels. It has an additional 60 levels.
    On this alien landscape you can see space wreckage laying around that seems to resemble some of our lunar probes. Heck, this game is cute, fun and free. Check it out.
    I feel like I should say a word to those of you who are new to I-Pad gaming. With the sale going on today, you might want to check out games like:
1) Need For Speed, Hot Pursuit. 99 cents (non HD version) If you are flush with cash, the HD is another buck.
2) Dead Space. 99 cents. I don't like it, but most people do.
3) Real Racing 2. (99 cents. Very cool.)
4) Mass Effect, Infiltrator. $2.99 and worth every cent.
5) Battlefield, Bad Company 2. (99 cents and a bargain)
6) Scrabble. $1.99. My wife has played this game for 1000 hours, I bet. There is a free version.
7) Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12. (99 cents.)
    May I also say to the newcomers that the I-Pad version is usually not that much better than the I-Phone version, if any, so get the cheaper one. HD or not is usually not that big a deal to me either. Suit yourself, of course, it is your dinero.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe