Skip to main content

Zombie Road Trip and Cube Cannibalism

    Hey, everyone. I have had a bit of fun with a free game called Zombie Road Trip. It is a zombie apocalypse and you are tasked with surviving a harsh environment. You are being chased by a motley aggregation of zombies who are certainly portrayed in a cute manner. You can outfit your vehicle with weapons and fire them by tapping on the right side of the screen, above the flip button.
    You can flip your car in mid-air, either forward or backward. As if the horde that is on your heels is not pressure enough, there are brave zombie dudes who rush at you from in front. Their selfless task is to slow you enough, with their dying breath, to allow the horde to overwhelm you. I admire their grit. Ha, ha.
    You, on the other hand, must shoot these chivalrous undead so that they cannot slow you down. As you progress from level to level, the scenery changes, transporting you from green hills to a rock quarry. At times you advance to a point where you can't see the horde behind you but can almost feel their fetid breath on your neck ... er, bumper.
    Speaking of bumpers, I have purchased, with in-game cash, earned by my exploits, a doodle bug, and outfitted it with a rifle.
     This game is
1) Cute
2) Free
3) Fun
4) The in-apps could be a little cheaper.
5) There is a cool bird. He can be shot while you are airborne. This, among other things, gives you bonus points. He squawks at such times and the feathers fly.
      I just bought a mustang. It is yellow. I am a level two escapee, I guess. I like this game, but be warned, there are ads. I don't understand the spinning wheel and the roulette thing between rounds, either. Check it out and see what you think.
     Hey, guess what? I downloaded an update for two games the other day. Both of them messed up the game so that they won't even open. Namely, Deadzone and Bladeslinger. Some games, though probably not these two, are actually messing up their games with updates so that you will have to buy the new version of said games. My wife is very upset with Fairway Golf. Frankly, if you are enjoying a game it is probably best that you don't do updates. Maybe Apple will get a hold on these folks.
     Last Sunday, I went back and played most of Mass Effect: Infiltrator again. I played the early levels over and over until I built up credits enough to buy a lot of cool upgrades. This made the game so much more fun, since I was outfitted in a manner more befitting my rank and talents. Ha, ha. I think that game is on sale now for a cool 99 cents. It is a great game and a steal at that price.
     Also, I got a free game called Death Call. It is a shooting gallery game. I normally don't like those but this one is fun. it is also free and has a few wrinkles added. You have a shield to put up if you need to recover your health. There are different western characters who dare to oppose you, along with some aliens and explosive devices. The difficulty ramps up and makes it rather challenging. I played it for an hour or so and found it to be a pleasant diversion from my duties.
    Hey, I heard about an odd food treat the other day. A lady I know makes Buttermilk Popsickles. Yeah, I know! It is freaky. My wife likes to put a big scoop of cole slaw in her chili. Everybody's taste is different, I suppose. I like a little mayonnaise in pinto beans, so I have no right to critisize others.
    Well, good night from the author's green retreat. This is CE Wills.
P.S. Carley is playing a free game called Edge Extended. It is a puzzle game in which you must roll a cube around a geometric landscape and capture various other cubes in a display of shape cannibalism that I find alarming. Just kidding. She likes the game and gives it 4 stars out of 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio