Skip to main content

The Beatles On I-Tunes

    Hey, everyone. It's a rainy day here in the southeast, thank goodness. We desperately need the water. I have a lot going on right now and I've had to concentrate on activities besides the old blog.
    So, the Beatles are finally on I-Tunes. Excellent. I had a bunch of their songs that I had bought as CD'S and transferred over to my I-Pod. It would be a snap to pick out 50 good songs by these guys. The other night I watched a DVD of Help! It was a really bad movie but I loved seeing the Fab Four when they were young again. Very pleasant memories and yes, just a bit melancholy. It was great seeing John Lennon young and healthy, cutting up and having fun. Seeing a young George Harrison made me think of a story I heard. Paul took George into his home and nursed him during George's terminal illness. I think Paul is a good dude.
    I noticed that Tom Clancy has a new book coming out shortly. Early in his career he was my favorite author. Then he started letting other guys write the bulk of his novels and allowing his name to be put on the cover, at least it seemed so. I sure miss him. He, along with James Clavell, were in a class by themselves as far as weaving a twisted plot. Possibly the two greatest novelists ever. I would be honored to have carried their pencils around for them. The new Clancy novel, by the by, is Dead Or Alive, in which Jack Ryan Jr. is seeking a terrorist, with the help of John Clark and Ding Chavez.
   I finally finished Keith Richards' Alive. I feel like I've finished a post-graduate course in drugs, music and the inside scoop on the famous people of this generation. An absorbing read. Clearly, I've led a sheltered life.
     From my current shelter, at the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...