Skip to main content

Movie Review: Due Date

    Hey everyone. Today we went to see a movie entitled Due Date with Robert Downy Jr. I enjoyed it very much. The plot goes like this. Downy's character is on a business trip. He is eager to get home in time to see his first child be born. Because of a really strange guy, he gets booted off his flight and is left stranded in Atlanta. Then his only recourse is to accept a ride from the same weird guy, all the way to LA. The movie is hilarious. I can't recommend that you take kids to it because the movie is adults only for sure. I would rate this show as at least three stars out of four.
    Several times last night I heard some noises outside. I was not too surprised to see tracks on my deck in the sleet and snow. (a very modest amount of sleet and snow) The tracks were round like a dog's but showed no claws, so it wasn't a dog, wolf or coyote. It was most likely a bobcat. The tracks were good-sized, about two inches in diameter. The previous day my wife had pointed out a scrape in the woods where the leaves had been raked back. I told her it was about the right size for a bobcat as it was about a foot square. It appears that I was correct. A few years ago I saw a big bobcat in the trees at the edge of the back yard. It was not the same one that left these tracks because he was a huge one. The one I actually saw, I mean.
    I think the recent rains must be causing some of the wildlife to return. Yesterday during our walk we spooked several deer who crashed away through the brush with their white tails showing. This place is really neat when there's water around. You can see a lot of cool things. Our creek is still dry but I suppose that the critters are finding water in hollows and farmer's ponds, whatever.
    Hey, thanks for reading! Goodnight from CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...