Skip to main content

Infinity Blade 2, Mick Jagger and My Ice Power

    Hey, everyone. I had mentioned that I had bought the popular sword-fighting game called Infinity Blade 2. I have played it for a couple of hours. While this genre of game is not my cup of tea, I have enjoyed this game. Of course, you have heard about the incredible graphics. Monsters have never looked so good.
     This game is on sale and I bought it for $4.99. It is easily worth that price. You travel around to stone castles and fight various warriors, human and otherwise, female as well as male. At your disposal are a variety of weapons, armor, potions, rings with magic powers and helmets. One interesting note is the holiday helmet which looks like an Easter egg, complete with a rabbit face. I believe it was yellow and purple. Man, did it look out of place in the grim castles you hang out in. Did I buy it and wear it? You'll never know.
     The new content pack is out with this version. It has the new "Clashmob" feature which allows you to gang up on monsters with your on-line friends and earn extra rewards as you do so. One caveat is that you must sign in to Facebook to use this feature. Judging from the app store reviews, people are not crazy about that. I don't play on line anyway, so I don't care.
    This is one of those games that shows off the new retina display. In the opening segments, there are a profusion of beautifully rendered cherry trees with pink blossoms. I started to take a screen shot of it to use for a wallpaper. Those of you who are new to I-Pads might like to know how to do that. If you push the home button and the off button at the same time, you take a picture of anything which is on the screen, on any site. It is helpful to those folks with poor memories. By the way, you should try an app by National Geographic called Above France. It is free and has some of the most enjoyable photos I've ever seen. But, back to the game.
     Infinity Blade 2 could use a really good tutorial for dealing with the extras. It took me a while before I discovered that the listing of equipment could be scrolled up and down, as well as right to left. They do give you a feed to their web site which has a lot of information about the game and I appreciate that.
    In this game you play as a young warrior called Siris who takes on a group known as The Deathless. I gather that these persons covet the youngster's blade and he wants to know more about its powers and abilities. It is fun and interesting and seems to be allowing me to play it at a level where my interest remains high. I am a little mystified about things like forging my battle-won gems into magically powered weapons.
      You receive what is known as XP points for performing certain things in battle. These points are important to win so that you can buy more cool stuff. One problem I encountered involved these suggested operations. Here's the scenario. I like to use my powers on these guys because a) They are a lot bigger than me and b) they are a lot bigger than me. Anyway, I had one power called ice which sent freezing bolts at the enemy. Somehow I unintentionally replaced it with a loser sort of mundane power. Now I can't figure out how to switch it back. I also like the Ring of Fire power, although it reminds me of the Johnny Cash song. So, on the subject of the XP points, get this. I am about to fight this big Titan and the screen says, "Get so many XP points for winning without using magic powers". I was like, "Oh, heck. I am doomed. Would they ask Mick Jagger not to dance?"
    The bottom line is this: I recommend this game.
   From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe