Skip to main content

Mushrooms That Stink and Games That Don't

   
Hey, everyone. It has been a long, tough week. I worked late a couple of nights and my fun to work ratio seemed out of kilter. Today I did some work at home, but I made it a point to take a nap. My mind feels refreshed. It is amazing how a lack of sleep effects bodily functions.
     Today I faced an odd thing. I went to the garage and it smelled bad down there. I mean, if I had passed gas it would have been an upgrade. I was concerned that there might be a dead mouse but upon searching the area, I discovered the smell was coming from my mower.???
   I mowed the yard yesterday and ran over several large mushrooms. I noticed that on their underneath side there was green mold. The chopped mushrooms clung to my tires and it was really stinking. I took the mower outside and washed the tires.
     Speaking of tires,Asphalt 8: Airborne came out this week. I have played it a little and it is fun. It is the newest racing game for I-Pad. It is only uno dinero, a great deal. Here's some of the things I like about it.

1) I got to drive through a huge pipe. Always wanted to do that! You can steer so that you are half-way up the side of the thing and pass other drivers. Coolness.
2) Once, when I exited from the above-mentioned pipe, I zoomed past an eagle who happened to be soaring by. Isn't it great to commune with nature from your recliner?
3) While racing in Iceland I drove onto an area of road in which my vehicle was exposed to a blast of wind and snow. Took me by surprise and it was a nice detail to add.
4) While racing in Tokyo, I came in last, just to see if I could. Ha, ha. Anyway, a thing pops up on the screen saying that I achieved the nice guy award, for finishing last. Funny. I must say that I super-miss the nice female voice that coached me through on Asphalt 6. I still keep that game on my Padster even though it is a couple of versions old.
     You need to have 30 stars to open the next packet of races. I currently have 29 but I could pay to open the next bunch .
     Speaking of the fast life: I bought a cool game for 99 centabos. It is called Shine Runner. Here's the recipe: You operate one of those airboats, like they use in the Everglades. Always wanted one of those. You deliver moonshine to these bars in the swamps. You crash through docks, glide over short stretches of land, get chased by cops in boats and run over alligators. It is a hoot.
   In other gaming news, I recently finished The Dark Knight Rises. Once I started using tons of Batarangs, it went well and I had a load of fun.

     Finally, I re-downloaded a game called d-capitatrix HD. I have mentioned it before but it bears repeating. Whoever served as the model for these robots' movements has to be awesome. It is probably the same person's voice from Asphalt 6 which I mentioned above. Ha, ha. In the game you open worm holes in rooms that allows you to re-unite a robot head with its body. A different slant on puzzle games.
    Well, after I install a few pictures, I am signing off, from the Author's Green Retreat. I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe