Skip to main content

Black-Faced Zombies of the Drowning

    Hey, everyone. I have been playing a lot of The Drowning. the excellent new shooter for I-Pad. I just obtained all the parts to a beat up station wagon, which enabled me to travel to The Village in search of a boat. Much to my surprise, the place is infested with a new breed of zombies.
    They are stronger than the preceding zombies. It takes three blasts from a Spas shotgun which is upgraded to level twelve to kill the crude oil loving rascals. You will die quickly unless you employ a bit of strategy. Go to the dock pictured above and face off with the critters. As sweet as they are, they can not, as yet,  walk on water, so you needn't be concerned about an attack from the rear, which is huge. Not my rear, but the freedom from attack. Ha, ha.
    Also, when you are fighting on the Beach, which you have to do to get your car parts, use the rifle, upgraded to level 3 or 4 and pinch to zoom with the scope. As always, move from place to place and hit the turn arrow on the center of the screen to keep your face to your enemies.
    Since The Drowning requires an internet connection, I have been playing a lot of The Dark Knight Rises. I have found that the best way to advance in that game is to keep a good stock of Batarangs and use them liberally on the criminal element of Gotham.
From the Dock that Rocks, the Village by the shore, the land of Black-faced zombies, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...