Skip to main content

Movies, Football and Baby Birds

    Hey, everyone. We have had a massive amount of rain today. It was good for my purposes, as I wanted to watch some football on T.V. The Falcons game was so intense for me that I had to have a nice nap afterwards. The Falcons 'D', if they have a big(?) lead, likes to take a series or two off. It almost proved their undoing today. Pete Carroll's time out to ice the kicker on the game-winning field goal was a two-edged sword, wasn't it?
    Matt Ryan didn't have a great game today, but he showed up, big time, when the chips were down. I get the feeling from the Giants game, a few weeks ago, which they won 34 to 0, and from the first three quarters of this game, that Atlanta can beat anybody if they play up to their ability.
     That young quarterback for San Francisco is really special. I was shocked at his speed when he was in the open field. Then I heard him tell Terry Bradshaw that he had been timed at 4.43 for the 40 yard dash. The 49'ers really should have won it all last year, so it is no surprise that they are in the NFC Championship Game again. I was a bit surprised that they whipped Green Bay like that.
     No surprise up at Foxboro. The Ninja of New England, Tom Brady, nailed another pelt on the wall of his cabin. I had to laugh at an interview I saw today. One of Brady's mates said that if he loses at chess, he tosses the board. Ha, ha. I am not so sure that I would like to have a quarterback that enjoyed losing, though. I hated the loss for the Texans because that franchise would be a refreshing addition to a Super Bowl. New blood invigorates a nation, team or a game.
       I would very much like to say what I think about a series of events in one of the games, but I fear lawsuits. So, silence is golden.
     We rarely get to watch west coast teams in my area, so I was glad to see the Seahawks and the 49'ers this weekend. That division is looking tough for next season.
      Alien Zone is a free game that I played today. It is a space shooter with a lady hero...uhh heroine. You have the upgrades, weapons and shop as one would expect. I have enjoyed it enough to feel obligated to buy a small in-app. The player must kill big scorpions and winged, bug-like aliens as you go around a massive space station. I do wish that you didn't have to buy med-packs all the time, but at least they are cheap and can be easily bought by in-game coin. I bought myself a gun that glows in the dark. It is purple. Yeah, I know, macho. But hey, the character is a girl...
     In this game you have the ability to touch a button and become immune from harm for a few seconds. The ability recharges itself after a brief respite. This is handy as you leap into battle against a bunch of bad bugs. I suspect that this would be a nice feature to have at your disposal in real life, as well. Additonally, you can, briefly, discharge blue lightning bolts. Again, that ability recharges after a brief time-out.
     Carley, you know, refused to allow me to buy her a new I-Pad for Christmas. Now, as more and more games do not adapt to the I-Pad 1, she is rethinking her position and considering an I-Pad Mini. I told her I would wait until after March, because it is likely that a new Mini will arise, like the fiery Phoenix of old, with a Retina Display hidden in its  wings. Sorry. I got carried away.
      As long as I am talking your ear off, I watched a good movie tonight. Collateral , with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx as the stars. Jamie plays Max, a cabbie in L.A. Tom Cruise gets in his cab. Tom (Vincent) is a highly skilled hit man, and a gabby one at that. Most hit men would be quiet individuals, I would imagine. (Don't want to find out). Anyway, Vincent has a number of contracts to fulfill before dawn and asks Jamie to drive him around to 5 locations. As you might expect, Max is less than thrilled about the job, but there is not a choice.
     Let's just say that Max messes up a number of times. His heart is pure, however, so he does okay as he is faced with a situation beyond his ken. Testing rarely comes at a time and place of our choosing, does it? I found this movie to be quite entertaining, a 4 star out of 5. They could have cut 20 minutes off the front end and had a better film, but it was very good. By the way, Jada Pinkett Smith stars as Max's love interest, Annie. She is a District Attorney.
     From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.
P.S. Those are baby birds in the picture. Good night.
    

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe