Skip to main content

Iron Man 3- The Space Map

   Hey, everyone. As you know, I am an aficionado of the Iron Man 3 game on I-Pad, despite my recent falling out with Tony Stark. So it came as a pleasant surprise when I saw that there was an update for that game that included a new 'map'. The graphics for the new territory (Space) are stunning on the retina display of my I-Pad Air and it has some cool things in it.
   There are purple mesh gates that slide back and forth across my path. You have to time them to a nicety when you are on hyper-speed. (The idea being not to hit them.)
     Another hazard is pink comets that flash by and must be dodged. There are regular chunks of space debris as well, but I tend to like the bright colors more as I get older??? Strange.
      The toughest things to dodge are the spokes of a rotating space station. They are moving in such a way as to be a serious hazard and I am offended that the nations of the Earth did not design their tech gear in such a way as to be more convenient for an Avenger such as myself. The next time they have a problem with Doctor Doom, I may remind them of this stuff. this may have to be a Quid Pro Quo.
    There is a new power-up called, I think, a credit accelerator, which gives you more Stark Credits or something. (Perhaps enough to buy an I-Phone 5s? (Gold, 16 Gig). Ha, ha. There is also a spot where you must fly through a swirling time warp or a black hole or something. The effects are quite nice, though you may seem to hear a deep voice in the background saying, "When you awaken you will remember nothing". That's a joke, sorry.
    The A.I.M. guys are wearing glass bubbles, since they are in space. Other than that they look the same. Also, on the woodlands level there is a distinct noise of a faraway freight train in the background. It may be from a toy train set, I'm not sure.
     The main thing about this game is a bit of a bummer for me.
When I got tight for room on the Padster a while back, I deleted this game. Then I put it on the I-Pad Air because it had 128 Gigs of storage. Guess what? When I re-downloaded it, it did not credit me with my in-apps, advanced points, better armors, the whole enchilada. I didn't weep or anything but I was clearly miffed. Nevertheless, I persevered and started over again. I toyed with the idea of emailing Gameloft about it. Sigh...
    Gameloft has seemingly alleviated the tight-fisted scoring a bit with more bonus points. Doubtless they read what I said on an earlier blog. (Doubtful) It is more fun to play and there is hope that they will relax their grip on the old money a bit more. They really have a chance to make this one of the top 5 games, ever, on I-Pad. Just keep tinkering with it, guys.
    They have slipped a few new armors into the game. One of them is strictly earned by sterling tournament play. It is called Mark 31 Piston. It is a suttle green and grey and carries a score multiplier of 9.5. (Very good)As for me, I am back here in the caboose of the game with my crappy Mark 4 (Score mult. 2.5) This armor doesn't even have an I-Phone 5s, (gold 16 Gig). I just will not let up on this. Sorry, really. Those who came to read about books, movies or animals have to be wondering what I am talking about.
    Well, I plan on watching some football, so I bid you a fond farewell, from the author's green retreat.
I'm CE Wills.
P.S. Check the Tony Stark label below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio