Skip to main content

Skeletal Structure, Golden Tanned Bodies and Moribund Falcons

Hey, everyone. Let me start by saying that on some of my posts the words are being split up from one line to the other. I haven't changed anything and I don't understand it. Blogger has been acting up for some time, though it seems unreasonable to complain about a free service.
I was just over on the Washington Post and read a good article on the XBOX One. It freaked me out a little that the device can read your skeletal structure (or your voice) and monitor who's in the room. I'm not too sure that I'm comfortable with that, although I would like to play some games on it. I do, however, love gaming on my I-Pad and prefer not having a controller; plus the games are so much cheaper.
Carley and I did a road trip yesterday, traveling to Nashville to Cool Springs Galleria. They have a big Apple Store there and guess what? They actually have that Tech Unicorn there, known to devotees as the I-Phone 5s (Gold, 16 Gig). I managed to keep my lustful little paws off its shiny, sleek, lightly-tanned body. I left the mall and went home with my somewhat tired-looking I-Phone 4S. It has a split in the Otterbox case I bought for it, which pisses me off considerably. Can I say that on-line?
We ate in a restaurant and I was asking the waitress if Alan Jackson ever came in there. She said that she thought he had. Cool. I really love his song, Remember When. It is a work of art.
Once upon a time, I had started a novel about Nashville. I wonder where it went...? Must be around here somewhere...
I was looking through my piles of paper the other day and found a dozen or more short stories and novels in various stages of completion. Just think, I used to be mildly doubtful when I read that another manuscript had been 'discovered' by this or that deceased author. Ha, ha.
I am in the early stages of book 3 in Andrea's spy story. I wrote about 1000 words of it the other night in the wee hours. Today I started the laborious process of typing a manuscript for Centaur 4: Matilda's Bones. It will be the finale of that series. I shook my head when I saw on the cover page that it was written in 2007. There is about 40,000 words there and it will take me about 10,000 more to finish it.
There is not much difference in the drive to Nashville and Atlanta for me, except the traffic for Atlanta is really tough. I saw that the Braves were going to build a new stadium North of town, which is smart. I said, years ago, that building venues in high crime areas in the name of urban development seems to be asinine. That is like a bird feeder and a cat. The smart cat can hang out at a bird feeder and victimize birds drawn to the prospect of dining out. Any business should try to take care of its patrons. Common sense.
Wow! Have my Falcons done the big fold or what? I think they had the best team in the NFL last year and choked the NFC Championship away. It reminded me of the meltdown against the Cowboys, back in the 1980's(?). They should have won the Super Bowl that year, but, up 21 points with 2 minutes left, they went into a prevent defense and the Refs went into their pass interference mode, to change the course of franchise history. It is my belief that when you really fail to "Seize the moment", it may be a couple of decades before you have another shot. Young athletes seem to think that "Big deal. We'll get them next year." Guess what? There may not be a next year. Whatever. I still pull for them, but 1) They should have kept their offensive line intact. 2) They should have not hamstrung their payroll with the Matt Ryan deal 3) The defensive backs who gave away a trip to the Super Bowl with their lack of effort may never sniff another Super Bowl chance. Of course I won't ever play in one, either. Ha, ha. Hmmmm. Do I detect some bitterness in myself over this?
Tonight I scrolled back over my games I have bought over the past years and re-downloaded some of them. The night of the second chance, as it were. I picked out about a dozen. Like Maximus, Ark of Sinners and The Drowning.
I played a ton of the new Thor (Dark World) game this weekend. I enjoyed it overall, though I got irritated when I couldn't play for a while while I was allowing Fandral time to heal. It is a free game, however, so I shouldn't complain. Sorry, Gameloft and thanks for the cool game. I sure am digging it when I 'call down the lightning' on these undesirables.
Well, I have truly rambled and ranted tonight. I bid you sweet dreams and peace, from the author's green retreat.
I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio