Skip to main content

What have I Been Doing?

    Hey, everyone.  What have I been doing? Oh, this and that. I'm reading a novel by Lee Child called The Affair. It is quite good, but I haven't finished it yet, so I'll wait on my review. I have also been playing games out the Wazoo. A few old ones and a few new ones. Is there a lot of games on sale? Heck, yeah. For instance, I got a freebie called The Walking Dead, episode 1. There are five chapters in this series which sells for $4.99 each. Right now the first one is free. I am not too far into it, so I will neither brag on it nor criticize it.
      I also got a game, for free, called WOPR. It is the oddest match 3 game I've played. They use a plot for it that was inspired from the old movie called War Games, with Matthew Broderick. This movie starred Broderick as a kid that hacked into the Air Defense Command at NORAD so he could play video games with WOPR, their war games computer. That was cool until the FBI came to visit him. In reality, you can just ignore the thermonuclear war aspect of the game and pretend it is just a match three. Or you can get into it. You can match three missiles that are red in color and include a red missile with a number 3 in it. This will attack your opponent with a missile launch, weakening his forces. If you match $$$, you get money. So it goes, with you either playing against someone on-line or against the computer. My favorite thing about this game is this. When you first open the game, this computer voice from the movie says, "Hello Professor. How about playing a game?" Very cool, if you've seen the movie. Which you should do, by the way. It is a good flick, and just about crazy enough to really happen.
     I also got Middle Manager of Justice, Space Hunter and Deep World. I have yet to play these. Deepworld is an on-line deal where you dig beneath the ground and run into other players, make seaches and find bizarre things. I guess it is supposed to be very good.
     For those of you who are new to I-Pad or my blog, let me say that you should fill up your device with games. For 99 cents each you can get great games like 9MM, Mass Effect Infiltrator, Real Racing HD, Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit, Infinity Blade and others. Hey, I just saw Need For Speed, Most Wanted was on sale for 99 cents and I jumped on it like white on rice. I've been waiting on that one.
     Space Hunter Sandra is another freebie I grabbed, but have yet to play. Love the cover art, though. I downloaded another one called Dead Rage, Revenge Soul. I liked it okay, but they took the liberty of adding themselves to my notifications and I just deleted it. It had promise, and I probably should have kept it. Try it for yourself, if you like. Be sure to buy Nova 3 for 99 cents. It is a great game. You might like Dead Space and Epoch as well. The app store is frozen at current games, prices and updates for the period around Christmas, starting on the 21st. Tis the season to be a game glutton.
     I just bought a game called Last Knight HD for 99 centabos. It is a running, jousting game that features the Unreal Engine graphics. I also got a freebie, as we speak, called Shadow Warrior. It is a shooter, with archaic graphics, but it is free and I intend to play it.
     This is one of the fun things about IOS gaming. You can feel like you are really splurging, and just spend 5 or 10 dollars.
 In this present world, there are not many situations where you can say that.
    Goodnight, from the author's green retreat. I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio