Skip to main content

Breeze and the Prom Queen

    Hey, everyone. I published a short story tonight. It is called, as one might discern from the picture above, Breeze and the Prom Queen. I need to explain some things about this ebook.
    Several years ago, I wrote a short story called Tale of the Black Mushroom. It was really short, so I just made it free and someone downloads it every day, somewhere in the world. It was the story of a cute little 16 year old girl named Breeze. She has been raised in the wilderness by her dad. She has never watched television or dated or had any friends, really.
    One day she meets a guy in the woods. His name is Jeremy and the local prom queen has sent him on a scavenger hunt for a black mushroom. If he finds the mushroom, the popular girl will be his. Breeze helps him find what he needs, but he finds something so much better than a date with the prom queen. He finds Breeze herself.
    The original story ends there and it doesn't really tell what happens to the young couple. I even went back and wrote a second chapter, just for the blog. That didn't really resolve things completely, either.
    Months went by. Heck, years went by. Then today, I finished the story of Breeze, Jeremy, and Sancha the prom queen. It felt good to get that done. I hate having a character unresolved. Especially a little cutie like Breeze.
    When I published this story today, I made the original ebook into the first chapter of Breeze and the Prom Queen. Then I made the chapter I wrote for just the blog into the second chapter of this book. Then I wrote another 9 chapters in order to finish the tale. So, if you get this book, you'll have the whole tale in one volume. It is about 8600 words, an evening's read. By the way, that's Carley's outstanding photography work on the cover.
      This is a romance, not an action book. It carries a 'G' rating. It has no adult content. Check it out, if you want. It will be out on Amazon tomorrow, I would think. It is out right now on Smashwords. It costs a whopping 99 cents and is available here.
https://www.smashwords.com/b/396610
     Barnes and Noble, Sony, Kobo and all the other stores should have it in a week or so.
    I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...