Skip to main content

Cleanup On Isle 4

     Hey, everyone. It is a bit of a pill today, weather wise. There is a howling wind, snow and the temperature is dropping quickly. I have just returned from town. I bought a massive sub sandwich. Not a nuclear sub but just bread, meat, cheese and fixings.
     This morning I had a good time. Why? I played the new game called Duke Nukem, Manhattan Project. I must confess that this is my first time with the Dukester and I like him a lot.
    The game is a very reasonable $1.99 and I don't think it will require in-apps to beat it. I am only on the second level, though, so I might be wrong. It is not a huge file download either. It is around 200 MB, I think. On the app store, I saw some complaints about the save system.
     Duke and I are tasked with an important mission. It seems that a bunch of gators and hogs are dressed up in people-type clothing and threatening New York. We are running around rooftops and scaffolding and ventilating the buffoons with an array of weaponry. We find the occasional pipe bomb. They make an impression, even on ourselves, sometimes. If we get caught in the blast, our ego loses points. I guess that 'ego' in this game and the health bar in other games would be Synoni the same. Ha, ha.
     This Duke guy is a real hoot, right from the start. When I chose the 'easy' level of difficulty, the big, blond rascal called me a name that is similar to 'sissy' but infinitely more insulting to a guy. It would seem a poor sort of a way for comrades to start a campaign. Nevertheless, I forgave him and we have been marching against our foes.
    The game play is really fun. I happened across a jet-pack just moments ago. I always wanted one of those, since I saw James Bond use one, back in the day. Very cool, for me.
    Duke has a really smart mouth on him, which I like, to a point. Other than the sissy comment, he runs his lip at our enemies, not at me, so I don't mind that at all. When he threw a pipe-bomb at some bad guys and blew them up, he said "Clean-up on Isle 4". Hence the title of this post.
    Sometimes we'll hear a faint cry from a buxom female. When we break through a wall to where she is imprisoned we have to tap a switch to release her. She is always very grateful and Duke has a cool remark of some sort. He certainly has a way with the ladies. Not.
     I like it when I find a power-up. There is one which turns you red. Not in your actual body, but your on-screen character. It gives you double power for a while. The main thing we try to find, of course, is the nukes. On every level the dangerous pieces of tech are scattered around. You have to find them and the 'babes', I reckon, in order to be considered a success at your mission.
     At the present time, I have gone underground to search for a device. It is located above a moving treadmill. (Guess all treadmills move, by their very nature.Ha, ha.) Anyway, if you jump up and get the device, you are moving against the flow of the treadmill. Meanwhile, there is a hog shooting at you. If you should fall or quit jumping you are swept into a blast furnace. Your smoking bones are ejected out the other end and it is time to start over. I have had my bacon smoked numerous times, thus far, but I am yet undaunted.
     Hey, there was a tough challenge to get past in the first level too. I couldn't figure out how to get past a fence. I could see the yellow key card I needed, just beyond my reach. Finally, I went to you-tube and watched a walk through of the first part of the game. I found that I had to jump up and grab a pipe and walk hand over hand until I got beyond the fence. That's the way it is in the high-pressure, live on the razor's edge world of Duke Nukem and CE Wills.
      From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.
P.S. The scene above is in a room where the water below Duke is electrified. There is a switch on a scaffold that turns the power off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio