Skip to main content

Rhys Circles, Enslaved, and Mordor



    Hey, everyone. I thought that I would talk about gaming today. First off is Enslaved: Journey To the West. I think I mentioned that I had bought this game on Steam for my P.C. I got it on sale at a good price. It was all kinds of laggy and quickly gave me a problem with the lead character not moving off his perch on a wall, I believe in chapter 3. Well, I got past that point and I don't know if they fixed it or I did. I had a guy come in and add some RAM to my PC and I can play this game now. It has good graphics and shows promise but the verdict is still in question. Like most games I play, I find that it would be much more enjoyable if it were easier to make progress. I have a light saber sort of tool with which I beat the living scrud out of Mechs. I also serve as a pack mule for the above-pictured red-head. She is smallish, though and not much of a burden for my powerful back.
     Although she placed a slave helmet on my head and is a general pain in the butt, I think that she is beginning to like me. By the way, this game is very puzzle oriented and they certainly don't hold your hand or give directions. Also, why don't more of these games have manuals? Is it because they sell books on how to play the game and succeed? Whatever.
     Here's an example. In Enslaved, the red-head and I are are pinned down by mech fire and I have her to distract the mechs while I cross an open space. Then I do the same for her. Well, my part is easy, cause I just stand up and yell "Hey!" at the mechs and they shoot at me.(Don't try that at home.) But to interact with Red, I have to press the middle mouse button. A circle appears with cameos in it and you have to select a cameo of her running, taking cover or whatever you want her to do.( No, the choices are limited. Ha, ha.) Anyway, it was hard for me to figure out for a while. I know that I am not as skilled as many gamers but the directions could be better.
     Yeah, Red likes me to carry her a lot. I can't decide if this is just a woman's wiles, craving my touch, or if she is lazy or what. One time I was carrying her through a mine field, which I totally understand, but if I go bang, so does she. Another thing, I seem to be collecting fire-flies or red energy things but have yet to find a shop or anyplace I can spend the orbs. I could use some sort of weapon that would have a nice range. It is hard to get close to these mechs.
      Red had me chasing a huge dragonfly, through trees, up high, down low. I thought this might be some sort of love ritual among her people but alas, she wanted it for another reason. The little vixen mounted a camera on the unfortunate insect and is using it for surveillance. She ran the feed to my helmet so I have a real time view of the dangers ahead. So, she is more than eye candy. Speaking of which, I have wanted to drop a hint about the holes in her pants. This is not good for the decorum of the mission and is a distraction for me. As we are fighting our way across an apocalyptic New York, you would think that she could break into a boutique and get some tights or something. By the way, the revealed mines are of the proximity type and one does not have to step on them to get blown up.
      Another game I am playing is called Rhys of Rome. Well, playing it is an exaggeration. The game stutters horribly and my buddy(?) Rhys is even now walking around and around in circles outside Nero's palace. The game is stuck and I am out a bit of money, I guess. I suspect that my computer is overmatched due to the heavy graphic demands. I will say that Rhys shouldn't try to save Nero because he was a total **** as a human being. Heck, he made Christians fight wild beasts in the coliseum and burned Rome to the ground while playing a fiddle. Moreover, why would a soldier wear a skirt into battle, see the statue above. I mean, for anything active, I want to be encased in some jeans or slacks. Sword fighting au naturel would frighten me, as an observer or a participant.
      Mordor is getting intense. I have become fairly skilled but the game is becoming more and more difficult. Most games have what is known as Dynamic Difficulty Increase. The farther you go the harder it is. I have killed enough Orlucks to fill a ghoul's cave and still they propagate. I have only seen one woman in the game and she was killed in the opening so my question is, how are these ugly goobers reproducing? I have killed Warlords and Captains and obtained some cool power-ups, though. I have a Ring Wraith function. During a pitched battle, I hit the R button and a circle of white ectoplasm stuff carves a circle of death around me. But the enemies get much worse. Currently I have an orc or Orluck taking my lunch money every day because he is impervious to my E power, my sword attacks and all that. When I throw daggers at him in quick succession, they knock him backward but don't hurt him appreciably.
     There are these guys that  have a hatchet in both hands and can throw them at you when you are high on a wall. This sucks, because I pride myself on my high work. I like to dive on the unsuspecting uglies from some height and kill them before they are aware of my presence. Some of the new fellas are impervious to these attacks and fling me aside like an errant booger. The shield bearers are a pain in this manner. I have a new skill in which I can somersault over their head and leave them stunned for a few moments.
    The missions are tough. I had to go into a cave that was infested with ghouls. They had me surrounded and were slobbering on me with those horrible, pale lips. They go on all fours and wear almost no clothes and are smelly. I think their hygiene is deplorable. I had to use some of my R force on their skanky butts. This didn't make them smell any better but it did kill them. They have some sort of Queen that I have not met, yet, but I daresay that she is no beauty. If she were, surely she could live above ground and at least date an Orc.
     By the way, the cities here are the crappola. I mean, shattered walls, leaky roofs, no roofs, caragors in cages. Meat hanging from hooks, which I shoot to make the caragors crazy. There are open fires to shoot, causing explosions which kill nearby uglies. I quite forget about the yellow colored missions which advance the story plot of vengeance for Talion's lost family. I mean, there is a lot of action, if that is your thing.
      There are rotten pieces of wall that I can shoot with arrows. This causes them to fall on my enemies. I went on a beast hunt and there was a huge beast that goes about on two legs and the old boy smashed walls out from under me. I watched him kill a captain.
    When Captains die, they leave a sword you can pick up. It will upgrade some phase of your game, weapons or person. I think that you may make a mistake if you automatically hit the button for 'equip'. In doing this a better skill may be deleted in order to make up for the new one. Again, no manual. There are runes for your weapons and you need an empty slot. You can sell extra runes for a paltry 25 M.
      I have forgotten dozens of things about this game but mayhap I can talk of it again, here at the author's green retreat.
I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe