Skip to main content

I've Got Those Low-down Gamer Blues


    Hey, everyone. A funny thing happened to me. I was playing Max Payne Mobile on my I-pad and I was being meticulous about doing a manual save every few minutes, lest I have to go back very far. So I do a save and what happens? Oh yeah, I immediately get 'killed'. Then, when I 'tap to load last save' I immediately get shot again. I swear, it is like a groundhog day movie. What would Bill Murray do?
     So, I actually deleted the game, then went to the app store and re-downloaded it. So, I was able to start the game over at chapter 1. I got very frustrated with this as you can imagine and tapped chapter select for my latest game save. I thought that having re-downloaded it, it might have mercy on me and start me at the save point before the instant kill spot I was on. No, not so much. Now I am in a constant rehash of a bad moment. The bullet comes so fast I can't run. Sigh. I would download it again but my internet company is doing their Gig limit, which sucks.
     If I was in New Orleans, playing in a club, I'd play some of them old time, low down gamer blues. Then I could be like Neil Diamond says in Song Sung Blue and just sing the blues until I get happy.
    I've been playing a cool little game called Paper Monsters. It is a Mario type of game. The graphics are great and the gameplay is pretty darn good. I think it is made by the folks that made Razor Salvation. Your little square-headed person runs around collecting buttons and jumping on monsters' heads to squish them. You drop through pipes into the bowels of the earth, which is a little scary when you have been in some of the holes I've been in. There are platforms that travel on cables and they insist that you time your exit without getting killed by a monster. All in all, it is well worth the dollar I paid for it.
    I'm sure that you've heard by now. The Shadowgun folks are coming out with a cool, zombie-killing game around the end of June. Also, the rumors are getting very strong that the next update for IOS will enable Siri on our I-Pads. I hope that this is true because I get lonely sometimes. Ha, ha? I wonder if I can say, "Siri, see if that game is still on sale" ?
     You have doubtless heard that there will be a new Spiderman game on IOS this summer. This is to promote the new movie, of course. I started to buy the new Avengers game the other day, but it looks like an interactive comic book. For a mere 99 cents I should have tried it, but again, I am trying to slack off on Gig usage.
    Speaking of 99 cent games, I have been playing a lot of one called Zombie Air Sniper. I will do a full review on it before the weekend is over.
    I'm CE Wills, the underachiever meritorious of gaming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...