Skip to main content

Safari For Batari






    Hey, everyone. As you doubtless recall, I have been on a trek through Oros in the PS4 game of Far Cry Primal. One of its fiercer inhabitants is Batari, a sun worshiper with a penchant for blue skin, knifes and fire.
    Part of my unofficial job here in prehysteria (that's a joke) is to do all manner of deeds for those folks who inhabit my village. This task has proven to be one which I have failed at many times. I was sent to destroy Batari and the temple where she practices human sacrifice. As you can see from the pics, it is a bit of a stretch to call it a temple. There is not even a ceiling. For the pyros among you, there is a really neat fire, though.
   I had to search for the place, to begin with. I was told to follow holes drilled in pillars of stone. I found some, sure 'nuff (southern colloquialism.), as shown. Then I happened across a dude who gave me the desired info. He wore a wild necklace but seemed a decent chap with an affectation for moving rocks from one place to another.
     As I started to enter the temple grounds, I should have taken advantage of the many trees and rocks scattered about. Once inside the gate, you craft and use many weapons and healing elixirs. You will need a ton of spears. Batari has a lot of sycophants that she will send against you. The guys with masks are powerful. It takes three spears to kill the bounders.
      The battle starts with Batari standing on a rock plateau with haystacks around her. The haystacks are actually horn devices which allow her to call her evil minions to the fight. You should shoot flaming arrows at the stacks until they are all burned up. Shoot the lower part of the stacks (per Carley). Be advised that there is another horn in a separate alcove to the left of the stage. There are also some supplies for you. (Not much.) There are a few spears at the back of the amphitheater as well. These are close to the entry gate.
     So, you crouch behind rocks across the ditch from Batari. She flings fire at you. You pop up and down and shoot arrows or throw spears at her. She has a health bar which goes down as you strike her. Oddly enough there is some contemporary rock music that plays during the heated stone-age fight. This takes away from the atmosphere, in my opinion.
     Spears are your best weapon but are limited. Sure, share them with the guys you kill, but retrieve them from the bodies. Batari herself is inaccessible on her plateau, like a stage full of rock stars at Woodstock. The way up there is blocked by a gate until you take her health bar down to about an eighth of the full mark. Then she descends to your level, screaming vituperation. I love it when women talk dirty.
     By the time I reached this level, I had already been on this mission for hours. I had freed a bunch of my weija kin from captivity in widely scattered villages. I had subjugated a woolly mammoth to my will and rode the recalcitrant creature through the massive gates of Izulu land. All this reminded me of the old Tarzan movies with Johnny Weismuller. I stealthed up to the villages, swimming with my nose just above water. I crept up to the huts and freed the poor wretches in captivity, then had a battle royal with the blue minions. Then, like Tarzan, I used my elephantine friend to smash the enemy gates. I'd like to thank Ubisoft for allowing me to fulfill my Tarzan fantasy of childhood.
    But, when Batari came down off her perch to fight, I was bereft of spears. She had several of her male peacocks with her. I only lacked a smidgen on her health bar and threw caution to the winds. I raced to confront her with only a club. Lashing her repeatedly did no good whatsoever. When I died, the game put me back at the beginning of the battle. Oh, I was inside the gate, but she was back on stage, like Joan Jett, and her health bar was full etc.
   It was heartbreaking, sure. It was humiliating to be thrashed by a lady with blue pointers, sure. It was tiring, to go at it again, sure. But really, I had a ball for hours with this phase of the game. High octane action for the elderly and yesterday alone was worth the price of the game.
    Doubtless I will try this section again today. Once again I will be Tarzan of the Apes, at the author's green retreat.
P.S. The picture of the cave was interesting. It seems that the cave is the path to the temple of Batari. There are a number of neutral folks in the cave that don't need to be killed. They have white indicators over their heads on the mini-map. I suspect that they are Weija captives who strew the purple/blue flowers on your path. Very nice touch. I like flowers and it surely must have comforted those being sacrificed in the heathen ritual. Ha, ha. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe