Skip to main content

The Odd Denizens of Oros

   
   Hey, everyone. I am still having major fun here in Far Cry Primal. I find the inhabitants fascinating for several reasons. They are never boring, certainly.
    For instance, the first human I associated with is a lady named Sandy, Sandar or something. She is pretty and fit. She has a big round spot on the front of her head that is not bald or shaved but appears like the hair has been ripped out. Other than that she is hot. She has a sweet smile but her eyes give the impression that all her ducks are not aligned. I built her a hut and she became the first resident of my village. Cool.
   Later, she offered to let me move in with her. However, the way she talked, the offer was contingent on me killing a bad man called Ul. She wants the dude's ear for a necklace. I give a hoot about her kinky jewelry but Ul is huge and bad to the bone. I gather that you can't beat him until the end of the game. So I sought other battles and found a-plenty. I figure that the girl's grudge against Ul may have something to do with her bald patch. Ul may have been a stylist.
     Perhaps the craziest guy in Oros is a man I found living in a cave. Now, living in a cave is quite common in Oros. These are cavemen and all that. But this guy caused me to fall through a trap, then stood over me and urinated down on me. (Not shown.) Trust me, few things are more demeaning. There are a thousand jokes I could visit here but I won't.
   Well, I defeated this crabby old man and took him back to my village and put him to work. He mostly sits in front of his hut and carves ugly replicas of small wooden dogs. He only has one hand and holds the darn dog between his knobby old knees. The worst is, the old goat never calls me Takkar, which is my Nom De Plume for this game. He calls me Piss Man. Yes, that's right. This alone tells me that he has no remorse for what he did to me. After I built him a hut, he still disrespects me.
    To tell you the truth, he reminds me of my father. Pop was old and cranky. He had an expression he used all the time. He'd say, "Piss on him!" or "Piss on that". It limited his social life, to be sure. This old man (in the game) has called me this derogatory term until my wife finds it hilarious. She has been carried away in the spirit of the thing until she calls me Piss Man and laughs uproariously. This is an unfortunate nick name for an elderly guy on prostate medication. "Sigh".
    Is this all the weirdos of Oros? Au contraire. There is the Izila tribe, who love the color blue and paint their upper bodies with it. They make the paint with long-stemmed blue flowers that they pile around their villages. Their spiritual leader is a hot lady named Batari.
    Batari is a fierce lady, as you can see. If I met her in a bar, I'd think twice about asking her out. With the knife and all. Anyway, she is wayyyy into the blue fetish. She has created the world's first tank top. It may just be paint but I like it. I think her weird religion has made her paranoid. She kept saying I was there to steal her Krati. I didn't know what a Krati was at that time. I suspected it was... Never mind. Well, come to find out, her Krati was just an ugly mask made out of crystal rocks.
    Sure, I stole the darn thing, later. But it was a hollow victory compared to what I had built it up to be. Then, when I took it back to my weirdo medicine man he... you guessed it, he peed on it and made me put it on! Yuck.
   I have come to the conclusion that the peoples of Oros were not dissimilar from the elderly people of our own time. In that they are morbidly preoccupied with bodily functions.
    By the way, that shaman guy held my hand over a fire to get me used to fighting the Izila tribe. They are way into that fire stuff. Also, I think this tribe may be forbears of a family that later formed a car company.
     Many times when I attack a village, there are these crazy people who run shrieking past me. They don't attack like the Udam or the Izila but are just crazy. I know that many primitive peoples, including my own Indian forebears consider it bad ju-ju to harm a mentally deficient person. At any rate, it is a moral decision you must make in Oros.
    I'm bummed out about something. I was in a far land and found a camp where two old boys were sleeping in broad daylight. I mean really sleeping. They snored while I strolled around their campfire. Not knowing if they were friend or foe, I lit my spear afire and poked one of them. I was shocked when he immediately burst into flames and jumped around like a nut, then died. Turns out he belonged to the Weija, who are my tribe. I was penalized for this affair and my own conscious condemned me. "Sigh". (I theorized that the Weija must rub animal fat on their bodies, hence their flammability.)
    Well, I have much more to talk about on Far Cry Primal but I will have to return to the subject later, at the author's green retreat. I'm CE Wills. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe