Skip to main content

Potato Hash and the Order,1886


Hey, everyone. I had a lazy day today. One which will surely bore you but I'll take that chance and tell you about it. Let me start by telling you about the supper I fixed for my wife and I. We used some potatoes O'Brien, fried in a skillet. You know, with peppers and onions? I cooked them brown, then added a bunch of scrambled eggs, cheese and crumbled up pieces of bacon. Then I cooked it till they were all mushy. Served with toast, covered with apricot preserves and butter. We had some pineapple and grapes on the side. A  big glass of milk to wash it down. Not too shabby.
I finished my game. (Far Cry Primal.) Then we started a new/old game by the name of The Order, 1886. It seems that this game gives us a bit of revisionist history. I have only played Chapter 1, but I'll give some initial impressions.
It seems we are in London and a member of a group of men and women who aspire, no, they are, Knights of the Round Table. We play as Galahad, a lion of the aforementioned group. Along with twists to history are sci-fi attributes like werewolves called Lycans, if memory serves me right. It is a shooter game and so far we have battled prison escapees and werewolves. Lots of fun.
Let me say that the controls are giving me a bit of a problem. The usual 'up' button takes my aim down, endangering me in battle. I'm sure a more skilled combatant would have already corrected this problem. The fault could be mine. This is an older game which I picked up for $20 at Wal-Mart. With several weeks until Uncharted 4, A Thief's End, I hope to pass the time pleasurably with this title.
By the way, I am reading a good book by James Lee Burke. It is called The Neon Rain and an early installment in the Dave Robicheaux series. Dave is a New Orleans cop who accidentally gets involved with the mob and some feds over the murder of a young woman. It seems that there is a beef with those who sell illegal arms to guerillas. Not the hairy kind, mind you.
The neat thing about this book is that I think I missed it during my read-thru of Burke's novels. It explains some things that I always took for granted. I am very much enjoying this one.
Early this afternoon we took a nap. It was cold in the house and we slept like a proverbial rock. I dreamed of super-heroes for some odd reason. I haven't even seen a movie with caped dudes lately. It was not a bad dream, however.
So, that's my Sunday, here at the Author's Green Retreat. I'm CE Wills.
P.S. Sorry about the formatting here. I think the long picture messed things up.
P.S.S Check out a movie called Black Sea, with Jude Law. It's about a bunch of old sailors who buy an ancient sub and go diving in the Black Sea for a fortune in Nazi gold. It is a nail-biter and very well done. I won't spoil the twists and turns, just take my word for it. Goodnight.
 
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...