Skip to main content

Slow Day,Slow Night

    Hey, everyone. I had a nice day today. I was off and feeling kind of lazy. We ate a big breakfast. My wife fixed bacon, biscuits and gravy, potatoes with peppers, and a fried egg. I drank milk and orange juice. Then we took a nice walk in the woods. I was glad to see there was still water in the creek from the recent rains. My wife found a tiny little deer track in the mud. When we got back to the house I played the keyboard and we sang a bunch of songs. Very relaxing. We took an afternoon nap which refreshed me. Then I went out and split some big chunks of firewood with the ax. The wood was red oak which is very aromatic. My wife refers to it, very charmingly, as 'butt oak' because of its peculiar odor. Don't ask, OK?
    Later in the evening we sat around and watched a couple of sorry movies on TV. We're planning on getting out tomorrow and going to see the latest movie starring 'The Rock'. That's Dwayne Johnson, for all of you people who, like me, are not wrestling fans. The name of the movie is Faster. Seems like very few blockbuster movies are out this Christmas season. Next week is when my woman, Angelina Jolie, appears in The Tourist, with Johnny Depp. I have to go see that.
    Part of the evening we sat around and played games on the I-Pad. When a new device can change the TV habits of an older guy, you've really got something. There's quite a few evenings now when I just mess around on the Padster.
    I know, a little boring on this blog; but my day was a bit boring as well. I'm just not much of a party guy, anymore.
   From the slow-paced retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...