Skip to main content

Deer That Fly

    Hey, everyone. Last night I was driving on a lonely mountain road. Several deer jumped out in front of me and I really plowed into one. I had no warning, of course. If the deer had called me first I could have taken another road. At any rate, I hit the deer and watched it spinning in the air as it went by the left side of my car. It was really a weird sight and seemed to be in slow motion. The deer was dead. My car is drivable but has damage to the front bumper, grill and hood. I'll never forget the view of that deer as it went twirling past my window.
     On my preceding post I did a review of Carnivores, Dinosaur Hunter. A nice lady from Tatem Games left a comment about the post, for which I am very grateful. If you have time, check out her comment. I was especially interested to know that they are coming out with a sequel called Carnivores, Ice Age. I'll be sure to buy that one. By the way, I killed a Velociraptor on the game last night. I did it like this. I hunted during the day, when carnivores are less intense. I used a shotgun for a wider spray of pellets to help my lack of accuracy because the speed and erratic running of these creatures are incredible. Finally, I got on top of a steep hill with the Raptor below me. He was having trouble getting at me and I got off several shots. It was an adrenaline rush when he went down. I lost no time in calling for transport because he had a partner in the vicinity. A helicopter comes in and drops a big suction cup on the dude and takes it away to be stuffed for your hall of trophies. To be fair, they should give the animals a little trophy room with their kills. My aged butt would be represented 40 times in the trophy room of the allosaurus. Ha, ha.
      From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...