Skip to main content

Not A Bad Day

    It started snowing during the night and by this morning it was around freezing with a northwest wind, snow flurries and about a  half-inch of snow on the ground. Gloomy and overcast, it was not an ideal day to mess around outside. However, if you let the weather dictate your activities you are not going to get very far in this life. Come to think of it, I haven't gotten very far anyway.
    I went out and checked the air in the tires of both vehicles. When the weather changes the pressure in your tires changes. I added air to the tires and did a few other chores outdoors. Then I ate breakfast, a bacon and egg sandwich and some milk.
    My wife and I walked to the creek and looked around for tracks. We saw signs of where a bear had been rooting around and saw some tracks that were so tenuous that we could not determine what might have made them. We returned home with semi-frozen toes and lit a fire in the fireplace. Then we started rearranging the living room so we could put up the Christmas tree.
    I put on some music to listen to while we decorated the tree. We have a boom box that you can put an I-Pod down into. The music was really sounding great today. I could tell that I hadn't been listening to music lately by how much I was enjoying it. The tree looks good, even though it's not a real tree and I didn't stalk through the woods for it. We put all purple bulbs on it this year with white garland.
     After this I fired up the grill to cook some rib-eyes. Yes, it was too cold to do this. You try to minimize the time the grill lid is open because the cold air on top of the steaks and the heat underneath them tends to toughen them. They turned out fine and we ate them with some french fries and salad. My wife chopped onions and fried them in a skillet to put on top of the steak. Then I ate the meal with a glass of red wine and a coke.(Not a commercial)
    After I ate, I kicked back in the recliner and started watching some NFL football. The fire was nice and warm. It made me sleepy after being outside in the cold. So, to keep from going to sleep, I got a dish of ice cream(Chocolate Ripple). This gave me the energy needed to properly pull for the Atlanta Falcons. My wife was quite content playing a new game on her I-Pad. It was free and has something to do with shooting colored beads into what appears to be the digestive track of a large animal. Just kidding on that last statement but it does look somewhat like that. But hey, she just informed me she really liked it and is now buying it as we speak. The game is called Sparkle HD. It has a free version and the paid version is $4.99 for the I-Pad version and $2.99 for the I-Phone version. Though a little miffed at the price, my wife is buying the I-Phone version. Hey, HD is not worth $2.00 more.
    It's supposed to be around 15 degrees in the morning. I wish I was at the beach. From the cold retreat, I'm CE Wills.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...