Skip to main content

Me And Neil Diamond

    Hey, everyone. I'm having a nice Christmas today, thus far. I got a cool songbook for Christmas. It's got Neil Diamond's greatest hits in an E-Z Play format. This is a format for the less gifted among us which features the letter for the notes in a circle. This makes it easier to play songs that are new to you, hence the name.
    My love for Neil's music goes away back. I had most of these songs on an 8-track tape, back before I got married. These 8-tracks were a means of listening to music just after the invention of the wheel, by the way. Neil Diamond was a terrific songwriter as well as a live performer and occasional actor. If you are not familiar with his work, may I recommend the following songs?
1. Forever In Blue Jeans. My wife's favorite and the one I had to play immediately this morning. It's sort of an anthem for the common man.
2. I Am, I Said.
3. Cracklin' Rosie
4. Sweet Caroline
5. Kentucky Woman
6. Song Sung Blue
7. Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon
8. Solitary Man
9. Red, Red Wine
10. Shiloh
11. Holly, Holy
    I also got a songbook with some songs that were such a thrill to play after all these years, that I laughed out loud. One was Silhouettes and another was This Magic Moment. Much fun. After all this, we ate a huge breakfast of biscuits, gravy, bacon, eggs and potatoes. It is a low calorie meal, for sure, which is important to me. Then we went for a walk in the woods. It was snowing, with about an inch on the ground, but we found no tracks. When we got home I was grateful for the fire in the fireplace because my toes were cold. My wife is quiet as a little mouse because she has several new games to play on her I-Pad. The most recent game involves deciphering letters that should form a cliche or old saying. They are all mixed up, like an old person with more than one choice. It reminds me of a TV game show but I really can't remember which one. The name of the game is Topple. Not to be confused with a game by the same name in which you stack blocks with funny faces. Both are free.
     I have a game review written up for the newest phenom for the I-Pad. It's called Infinity Blade. I'll try to put it on the blog later today. Until then, I bid you farewell.
    CE Wills

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...