Skip to main content

The Madonna Moth

    Hey, everyone. First off, I'd like to thank kPg for his kind comment on my review for Source Code. I went over to his blog and read several entries. I enjoyed his posts. If you want, try his blog at Life From Head to Foot. He has a nice style of writing.
    While I'm at it, I'd like to thank my friends at Rage.com for sending people to my blog. What a terrific game they have produced.
     The picture at the top is a honeysuckle. They bloom this time of year, here in the Southern U.S. They grow wild all over and smell great. There is a perfume that is sold these days that smells like this flower.
    The second picture is a moth. These are very colorful. I don't know what they are called so I'll just call them the Madonna moth. If one of them were to start dancing like the singer, I'd freak out. There were 13 of them on my back door this morning. They seem very feminine. I love the long blond hair. We have an amazing degree of diversity in insects up here. We have another moth that appears to have a Crusader's shield design on its back. I don't have a picture of it just now.
     The green retreat has finally reached the point where the return of leafage has insulated sounds. It sure gets quiet up here. I refer to this time of year as "The Green Out". You are enclosed by a wall of leaves and if you dig privacy, this is the place.
    Looks like another loser weekend for movies. Next weekend is the Thor release and I look forward to that. It looks as though I'll have to renew my Netflix membership. T.V. is a joke. Not great value in most of the programming. In my opinion, most broadcasters are destroying their own industry with greeeeeeed. Too many commercials, replays of the same thing over and over, high prices. The arrogance and disregard for consumers that cable and satellite providers have shown is a common symptom of the disease called wealth. If you get enough money you mistakenly think you can do what you want.
     My wife has a new game called Burn It All. She bought it for her I-Pad. It was a huge 99 cents on the app store. It's a puzzle game, which cools my interest, but she really likes it. She gives it an impressive 4.5 stars out of 5. Here's the recipe. You set fire to stuff, starting with ropes. You have these cute little fireballs with faces and funny voices that you drag around with your finger. You have different challenges arise so it doesn't get boring. The graphics are good. I don't like this type of game so I can't give a terrific review on it. If you are a puzzle person or a closet firebug, this is your cup of tea. More importantly, you won't go to jail for playing it.
    Well, its time to go. Check back in during the weekend and I promise not to rant so much.
    I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...