Skip to main content

Guitar Dreams

    Hey, everyone. I had the most wonderful dream last night and I thought I'd share it with you. The dream was this: I was playing a guitar and singing along with some old song from my youth. It was true to life in that I didn't sing that great, nor was I ready for the stage as far as the guitar went, but I played quite acceptably.
    As you folks know, I have always wanted to play the guitar. I have an acoustic and an electric, both covered with dust. I can barely make a few chords and it's a rare occasion when I make them sound right. My aged hands are stiff and years of using power tools have not really helped my aspirations.
    When I awoke from this dream, I had such a feeling of accomplishment, a feeling of peace. I truly enjoyed it. The funny thing is that when I awoke and I looked in the mirror, I had a scratch across my nose, over an inch long. It was bleeding a bit and I couldn't help but wonder if I had broken a string during the dream and it had wounded me. Or perhaps I was using my nose to make chords on during my sleep and hadn't trimmed my nails. It's more likely that I was visited by a bug which bit my nose and I scratched the itch caused by this nocturnal attack.
    I can say that I enjoyed this dream more than any dream I've had lately that did not involve Angelina Jolie. Has it inspired me to renew my assault on the bastion of guitar skills? Nah. Has it encouraged me that dreams can indeed come true? Nah. Was it a sign that good things are coming for me? Was it in the nature of a parable, my sub-conscious trying to reveal some deep truth? Probably not, but the scratch looks quite dashing.
    From the land of dreams, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...