Skip to main content

Hambo HD, Make My Day


    Hey, everyone. I just grabbed a freebie called Hambo HD. This simple physics puzzler has taken the app store by storm, vaulting into a number of 5 star reviews on the first day of release.
     You'll be immediately struck by the game's similarity to Stupid Zombies, another good game. Here's the recipe.
    You play as a cute little pig. This pig is a scrappy little guy. He wears a red bandana around his head and carries a Beretta. His mission is to kill the army pigs which dare to oppose him, like his name sake, John Rambo, might do. In order to fulfill his mission and rescue his friend Bacon, Hambo will have to bounce his bullets off walls and steel girders. He can shoot through glass walls. I just played a level in which I had to shoot the glass beneath my feet, then fall to the grass below. Then I was able to shoot the piggies. As you might expect, billiard players will excel at the ricochet style of play.
     This game is free, fun and has a bit of a 'cool factor'. In the store you can buy new costumes for Hambo. You can dress him like Harrison Ford and call him Raider of the Lost Pork. Or maybe you want to dress him in shining armor and call him Sir Spam-a-lot. There are over 200 levels and I think this may be a big hit. For those of you who hate to get stuck on games, there is a solution button which will play through the proper scenario of a level. You get a certain number of these for free. There are also 'skips', like Angry Birds.
    My wife pointed out that you should download the version that says Hambo HD. If you get the version that says Hambo Begins, you only get 42 levels. Both are free, so get the full version.
    Well, I have to go and eat my bacon and egg sandwich, then go and do chores. Talk to you later.
    I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...