Skip to main content

Max Adventure Review

     Hey, everyone. The newer games have emerged on IOS for the upcoming weekend. I grabbed a few of them, some free and some paid. Justice League is out. It is $2.99 and I refrained from buying it. I may read some more reviews, watch some video clips etc.
    One game, which I bought for 99 cents is called Max Adventure. I bet you guys expected that from the title of the post. Ha, ha. This game is fun, cute and would be an admirable addition for your young person. I was on the app store and I saw where a youngster had replied to some of the game's detractors and had written that "I'm a girl and I like it!" She had added a lot of emoticons. It was very cute. But I digress.
    In this game, which has a free version, you play as Max, typical earth kid. Aliens have landed in your neighborhood and taken all the adults away. You are tasked with going around the neighborhood, rescuing the kids and taking them to your tree-house. Sound easy? Well, it has its challenges.
    For one thing, the aliens have littered the area with their pods. They are unsightly as decorations. Worse, they continually eject aliens until Max finds a dropped ray gun and blasts the pods to smithereens. He must shoot the aliens, as well, but why shoot the aliens when you can destroy the pod and eliminate the source? Then you can clean up the aliens that are left. Speaking of clean up, these dudes have purple blood, so the game is cute, rather than gory.
     There is a variety of aliens. Tall ones with looooong skinny legs. They shoot at you. There is another one that looks like a blob. He splits into two smaller bad guys. The good news is that there are power-ups lying around which you can pick up. There are health packs, which heal your bod, packs that make you strong enough to steamroll over a big, fast moving alien which can outrun Max, and my personal favorite, things to enhance your weapon. These can give you a wider field of fire, dual shots and other cool stuff. There is one power-up that will help you run faster. Probably not as fast as The Flash, though. You'll need to go buy Justice league to experience that. Ha, ha.
     Even though I am an old geezer and prone to play shooter games which involve zombies, I like this game. I think you'll find it entertaining, no matter your age. I wish that the radar was a bit bigger. I didn't even see it at first. But when all is said and done, this is a good game for 99 cents. In my opinion, the developers should stick with that price. They say that the normal price will be $2.99. That might be a bit high.
     I also bought Infinity Project 2 for 99 cents. It is a shooter game, with a large file. It weighs in at a whopping half a Gig. I haven't tried it yet, but I thought that a game that size, for that price, had to be worth a try. I'll give you a shout after I play it. I also bought a new puzzler called Chicken Raid. I actually bought it for my wife because it looks like the game play resembles one of her favorite games called Cover Orange. She has played that game all the way through, which amounts to hundreds of levels. Chicken Raid was 99 cents, as well.
     If you don't have Dead Trigger yet, it is now free, so grab it. Have a nice day.
   From the gamer's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...