Skip to main content

Word Monster and The Expendables

    Hey, everyone. I had a nice day, even though we just hung around the house. Carley played a game called Word Monster. In this puzzler, you have a grid of letters and drag your finger around them to make words. The catch is, you have to make a word that completes a phrase for which they have already given you a portion, like ------ and role. Maybe this fictional example would be cameo. She loves the game and returned to the app store to buy several hundred of the puzzles. You get 40 for free. She played all 40 of them today, while I was doing something constructive, like avoiding the goat. There are 5 additional packs which she bought for 99 cents each. As you might expect, I am not so crazy about it, but that is just me. I have to report that this game takes the liberty of turning on your notifications so they can send you banners on your screen. Just go to settings, notifications and turn everything off, after you download the game.
     One of my favorite games, Razor Salvation, came out with a new update today. I have yet to play it with the update, but the reload time has been reduced, I understand.
    I downloaded a free game called Combat Mission Touch. I can't say if it is good or not, as I have not played it yet, having a previous commitment with a goat. Ha, ha. I do know that you have missions to fulfill and that you drag and place soldiers and tanks in order to fulfill your mission. My thought was, hey, it's free so I'll try it.
    This evening, I watched two movies. One was Mr. Baseball, with Tom Selleck. It is a charming show, about an aging American player who gets sent to Japan to play. Didn't you like Selleck's old TV show called Magnum, P.I.? I loved Higgins, Rick and T.C.
    Later in the evening I watched the Sly Stallone flick called The Expendables. I enjoyed it. Plenty of action. It is about a group of mercenaries who are hired by The Company (CIA) to kill the men who are running an island. It is a big job, but heck, the stars include guys like Jet Li, Dolph Lundgren, Bruce Willis, Arnold Schwarzenegger and Mickey Roarke. Jason Statham is in it and I really like him, as well. I wish I could enlist his aid in the battles on Trigger Fist. By the way, I really hated to hear about Stallone's son dying. There could be nothing tougher than to bury a child. My heartfelt condolences to the family.
    Well, it's late and I have a book to finish. Actually, I am writing Notch 8 and also the sequel to my popular teen romance called The Black Mushroom. In the latter, Breeze has been taken to live with her mother, separating her and her new-found love. Will he go after her? I certainly hope so. The original story was so short that I just sent it out for free. It bothered me to leave those kids hanging in mid-air, so to speak, so I am going to resolve their romance.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills. 
      
    



    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...