Skip to main content

Movie Review: Hard Rain

    Hey, everyone. Carley and I sat around tonight and watched movies on satellite. If you are going to rent a movie tonight try Hard Rain with Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater. It is part disaster epic and part murder story.
    Christian Slater plays Tom, a security guard who works in an armored car. He and his partner have a large load of cash that they are transporting out of an area which is flooding very badly. In fact, the local dam is about to fail. Ed Asner, who plays Tom's partner, has notified his old buddy, played by Freeman (called Jim in the story), of the shipment. Freeman's gang is supposed to rob the truck. During the robbery, Tom's partner is killed. Tom takes the money and swims, yes, swims, to a graveyard. He hides the sacks of cash in a tomb.
    Freeman's gang pursues Tom through the flooded, wrecked town. Although he escapes them,Tom is locked in the jail by the Sheriff, until the story of the robbery can be checked out. He almost drowns in a locked cell, but a young woman saves him. Unfortunately the young couple are not out of the woods yet. Even the Sheriff and his deputy are overcome with greed and lust. The Sheriff, played by Randy Quaid, has just been replaced in the recent election and is looking for some retirement income.
     This movie has a great story, good acting and excellent special effects. It even has Betty White, starring as a truly crabby old lady. Minnie Driver stars as the leading lady, simply called Karen in the show. I would easily rate this show as 4 stars out of 5. I might call it 4.5 stars. Check it out, if you wish.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.
P.S. After all that rain and flooding, I thought I'd like a beach picture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...