Skip to main content

Wild Sky

     Hey, everyone. I noticed an ad the other day for an odd Halloween activity. These folks had a big corn field. For a modest price, they would let you come out and shoot paintball guns at Zombies. No, the zombies weren't real. They were people dressed as zombies. They were actors that would shamble out of the corn field toward you, so that you could feel justified in blasting them. I thought that it was a cool idea.
    So, tonight is Halloween. I hope all the little goblins stay safe out there. Boy, has things changed for this holiday? I am afraid that all the ghouls are not imaginary these days.
     I am sick of the election stuff. Be glad when that is over. In self-defense, I have been playing a lot of Apocalypse Max, still. I have made it to the section called "The Facility". Wouldn't it be great if all the IOS games let you play them this far?
     I've been reading a bit this week. An older Western by J.R. Roberts called The Gunsmith #33 ( The Posse). I had bought it at a used book store for a $1.80. I enjoyed it. When I finished it, I went to the public library and checked out a book by James Lee Burke, one of my favorite authors. It is called Creole Belle. This is another installment in Burke's excellent series about Dave Robicheaux, the Louisiana cop. Good stuff, and I'll do a review when I finish it.
     I bought a game called New York Zombies 2. I was disappointed in it. Mostly, because of the controls. Luckily, I only paid $1.99 for it. Another disappointment was NOAA Hi-Def Radar. Likewise, it was $1.99.
     I was over on Touch Arcade's site last night. They were talking about Bladeslinger, the Western-themed game. This is the game I mentioned a while back. I was wondering why it had never been put out on the store. It has great graphics and appears to be a rousing shooter game. I have misgivings about all the demonic stuff represented. I don't like to play a whole lot of games that focus on occult things. Of course, the good guy is trying to destroy the forces of darkness, which is a worthy cause. This game is free on the Canadian app store as we speak. They are trying to iron out potential quirks before going to wide-spread distribution, I suppose. At any rate, I imagine I'll try it when it becomes available. If you want to see the video for the game, click the link to the right under the heading of my favorite sites.
    In closing, I'd like to say that I hope you enjoy the picture above. Isn't it funny how strange weather patterns seem to produce natural beauty, as well as trouble?
    I'm CE Wills.
P.S. If you want, check out the label to the right called "Spooky". There are several old posts there that may give you a Halloween chill. Bye.
      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe