Skip to main content

Fall, Y'all

    Hey, everyone. As Sunday night becomes Monday I reflect back on the weekend. It has been okay. I watched a little football, played a few games on the Padster and hung around with my wife. We watched some movies. I like old westerns and tonight I watched part of an old Randolf Scott offering called The Nevadan. I was surprised because it wasn't that good. Usually I really enjoy all of Mr. Scott's films. It was in color, which is odd for his flicks. I gave up on it about the half-way point.
     Carley has played a bunch of a game called Word Jewels 2. She played 101 levels of this game. Can you believe it? It has a board with letters arranged in a honeycomb. the red colored letters can be strung into words, disposing of the letters. You only have a certain number of moves until you lose. She enjoys it so much that she only mumbles occasionally, which means it's a 5 star game. It is either free or 99 cents, I forget.
    What did I play tonight? I went back and drug out a golden oldie called Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter. It is still one of the top five games on I-Pad, in my humble opinion. Tracking the most dangerous game through swamps and savannahs, hoping they don't catch your scent is pretty cool. You can even hunt at night. I have already done a review of the game, back in the day, and have played it all the way through. I even killed the massive T-Rex by shooting him in the eye. The velociraptors are bad to the bone, also.
    I played some more of The Dark Knight Rises tonight. That's the Batman game. Tonight I was planting explosives on Bane's vehicles and beating the crud out of his men. It was rainy and cold in Gotham again tonight. Surprise! (Not) With Bruce Wayne's money, I'd be in Jamaica tonight. Whatever.
      I also played the excellent freemium game called Blood and Glory: Legends. I really wish that they had just charged $5 for a complete game. But noooooooooooo. It is huge fun, though, and I think you'd like it.
     Friday, I bought Stupid Zombies 2. This is a lot of fun for 99 cents. You have to ricochet bullets off walls in such a way as to kill undead type persons. It is totally worth a dollar.
    Doubtless you think I must live a boring life, if you follow the blog very much. Well, yeah...
     Winter is lurking, I guess. The leaves are just passing their peak color, I think. We cruised in the mountains a bit yesterday and took about 50 photos. Carley wanted to try out her new I-Phone 4S for the panoramic shots. It was bizarre what happened. It cut some cars in half and just showed parts of them. I'll see if it will publish at the end of the blog.
     Hope you guys and girls have a nice week.
I'm CE Wills.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe