Skip to main content

Siri Is My Friend

     Hey, everyone. I have had a nice day. Carley and I went for a walk in the woods. I watched the Atlanta Falcons go to 5-0 and I talked to Siri a little bit. I asked her if she thought Brad Pitt was good-looking. She said, "My opinion doesn't matter."
Later, I asked her if she was my friend. Her reply?
"I'm not just your friend, I'm your BFF."
      Sort of made my day. Especially when I consider how many of her fellow computer persons I have slaughtered in Trigger Fist. Obviously, her affection for me transcends mere race, creed or computer animation brotherhood.
     This morning I bought a pretty cool game for a mere 99 centabos. It is called Robot Times 1. In this game, there is a factory that produces fighting robots. The machines in this factory have run amok and began to fight the humans. So, good robots go inside the walls to battle bad robots for the sake of mankind. The graphics are good. The gameplay has some glitches but I think that it is easily worth uno dinero. Of course, I haven't had time to play it much.
     Hey, before I forget. I watched 60 minutes a while ago. They had an article on a guy from Detroit called Rodriguez. This guy is a songwriter and guitar picker from Detroit, Michigan. He put out a couple of albums which were major flops. He worked as a delivery man and lived in near poverty. Forty years later, he learned that he was like Elvis and the Beatles, really huge, down in South Africa. The guy has a Dylan kind of style, you know?
    Anyway, he finds out that he is hugely popular down in South Africa. So he goes down there to do a string of concerts. He takes his daughters with him. They are at the airport and wondering who the limo is for. "Wow", says the daughter, "Must be someone famous arriving."
     Turns out that her dad is the 'someone famous'. They go to the concert hall, expecting 30 or 40 people to show up. There is a packed house of 5,000 people. They sing along with every song and know all the words. Why was Rodriguez not getting money from record sales in that nation?
     Stories like this one really charm me...and make me sad. Like why did Vincent Van Gogh not sell any paintings until after his death? How can his work sell for millions now, when he died in abject poverty while being supported by his beloved brother? It's like the blog I did the other day called " Just a Dream". Tragic, just tragic. This sweet old guy, living in humble circumstances, his kids thinking he was less than successful, perhaps. It is truly uplifting...and a bummer, all at once. I am going to I-Tunes to find some of his songs tonight, I'll tell you that.
    My gaming consultant, Trevor, came over tonight. He was really enjoying my new Batman game called The Dark Knight Rises. He couldn't believe that it only cost me a humble 99 cents. We were watching TV and saw the trailer for the latest Assassins Creed game. Wow, what graphics! This is the one in which the assassin is fighting in America's revolutionary war. I understand that there are two different versions of the story, one for the U.S and one for the U.K. Funny. I mean, it has been a lot of years since this fight occurred. Let's move on. Oh, by the way. Speaking of Siri.
     The voice for Siri, in England, is male. In the U.S. it is female. Funny. Maybe the two voices could get together, hang out and make some little baby voices? Man, I think I'm losing it.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...