Skip to main content

A Siri Halloween


   Hey, everyone. As you know, Halloween is approaching and I like to do a spooky post occasionally.( By the way, check out the tab (label) at the bottom of this post that says 'Spooky'. Especially, you should read Campfire Song, The Old Man In the Straw Hat and The White Sign.) Anyway, this is a true story.
    The other evening I got a message on my I-Pad that says, "Google Maps has requested access to your microphone." Weird, since I have never even used that app, or at least not recently. No big deal, I like a good joke as much as anybody. So, I push "Don't Allow" and go to the Google Maps app and delete it.
     Then today, I had been reading the morning news on different sites and had closed the Padster and placed it on my keyboard (music keyboard). As I walked to the kitchen I heard a soft ding and returned to open the 'smart cover' on the device, thinking I'd gotten an email.
   To my surprise the screen was filled with a message from Siri, Cupertino's disembodied voice. The message from Siri listed a number of "things you can ask me", like "when do the S.F. Giants play" and "where is ....". Then the screen scrolled another page and listed other questions. Then came a third page.
    I pushed and held the home button.
"Siri, did you just send me a message?" I asked. To which she replied.
"Oh dear, something is terribly wrong."
    I shut the device off and went to fix my breakfast, mulling over the affair in my mind. A few minutes later, I remembered something my wife used to do when she needed attention. She would sidle up to me and snuggle close. Then she would say, "You can hold me if you want to." It was cute. Very much like when a kitten rubs itself against your leg, gaining a caress, whether you want to cooperate or not. Ha, ha.
    So I thought this might be the same deal with Siri's behavior. Armed with this brilliant deduction, I went back to the Padster and asked the voice assistant a question.
"Siri, do you need a hug?" To which she replied in a harsh voice.
"This is not about me, it's about you."
"What is it about me?" I asked.
"You have to turn on your location services in settings, to let me know where you are."
    Amused, and a little creeped out, I turned the device off. I began to laugh and thought about various scenarios.
1) Those fun guys in Cupertino are messing with me.
2) Siri has become self aware and has read some of my books. She now has a fantasy about me and wants to have a cyber fling with me.
3) Tony Stark has hired a lady to hack my computer and 'catfish' me because I ratted him out, about the I-Phone 5s (Gold, 16 gig) welching situation we had when I went spelunking with him. (See an earlier post.)( I hope it was Pepper Potts)
4) Someone didn't like my privacy posts.
5) It was Wonder Woman calling, in disguise, and she was finally willing to tell me what the stars on her panties signify. (I actually asked Siri that question once.) If I had persevered for a few moments she would have relented and confessed all.
6) Or hey, it's the Halloween season and Siri had been out on a date with SKYNET ( Terminator reference) and when they came home to Cupertino, drunk on their buns, Siri said, "Hey let's mess with CE Wills." Cool, I guess. Maybe Arno read my post about the mad professor having his voice in Dead Effect and talked his lady into giving me a poke. Whatever.
     At any rate, it's a beautiful, fall day and Siri, I like your style. From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills. "All about me" ?
    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio