Skip to main content

I've Got Those Low-down I-Phone Blues

   Hey, everyone. It is I, sending you another missive from the author's green retreat. My wife is at work this morning and I'm left to my own devices. Speaking of devices. As you may have noted from previous episodes of the blog, I sort of want a new I-Phone 5s (Gold, 16 gig). Just for curiosity, I have been keeping tabs on the places that might have one. At this precise moment in space and time, there is one such beast within 100 miles of me. Siri has assured me that she can navigate a course to the store that is its fabled lair. I have the funds necessary to buy it. I have the time, the drive, the ambition. I have a dependable, dirty vehicle in which to make the journey. Yet I do not go. Why?
    Well, I have a nice phone, the I-Phone 4s. It does all the stuff that I need a phone to do. Wasting money is something that I have conquered over the years. But the hype machine that puts the impressionable aboard this Apple Device Upgrade Train (ADUT) calls to me. Sigh!
     So I went to the keyboard and composed a song. It's kind of Bluesy and slow.
Woke up this morning. Da da, da, da.
I was all alone. Da, da, da, da.
Had no Gold I-Phone. Da, da, da da.
To call my own. Da, da, da, da.
I can still text. Da, da, da, da.
Or make a call. Da, da, da, da.
I can take a picture. Da, da ,da da.
Of this red-faced duck. Da, da, da, da.
But I'm getting cleaned up. Da, da da, da.
And heading to my truck.
     So, I composed my song and sang it for this most bizarre duck. He seemed to like it but I didn't trust his approval because he was pan-handling for bread crumbs. Frankly, the duck taught me a lesson. He really doesn't give a tinker's damn about tech stuff. He probably would just like to have a better complexion so he could have a more active dating life. Would a gold I-Phone help him? Would he take my picture and show it to his pals at the lake?
     Hey, new I-Pads this coming Tuesday. Cool. I may buy one, but I don't need it... Da, da, da, da.
    I'm CE Wills.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...