Skip to main content

Beating the Mines and Monster of Dead Trigger 2

    Hey, everyone. It has been intense gaming this weekend here at the author's green retreat. Dead Trigger 2 is very tough to beat at any difficulty level, once you get to Africa and enter the mines. There are some strategies that I think might help you, however. For one thing, you have to bypass some of the fights. Don't feel like you have to kill every zombie. Run past them and focus on the task at hand, whether that be setting detonators or opening flood gates or whatever. Also, don't even think of going in there, at least to win, unless you have at least four sets of painkillers and four grenades. A third helpful thing; for those of you who have done an in-app for gold coins: go to the smuggler dude at the hideout and buy two things for 10 coins each. The health doubler and the damage doubler for your weapons. Be advised that these upgrades are time sensitive and only last an hour. I wouldn't buy them until I had tried the levels several times in order to familiarize myself with the layout and the tasks being asked of me.
     It appears that the USA and Africa are the only two maps available at the moment. Tripoli is the upcoming campaign as far as I can tell. I have finished the existing missions and have been told by HQ to await further instructions. There are tasks that you can do that don't advance you to other places, sort of like mini games, I guess. These are fun to play, especially the ones called Sentinel, in which you operate a cool looking sniper rifle and stop zombies from entering a protected place. The graphics and feel for that gaming is among the most fun that I have experienced on an I-Pad game. Once the bullet is fired you can slightly adjust its course, which is a feature that true to life snipers would love to have, I expect.
     Of course, the advancing through the missions is the best part of the game, though it can be frustrating. In the mines of Africa, you deploy your boom-chickens, use health potions and throw grenades galore, then lose, and have to restock and try again. Over and over again. I must say that it was tremendouly satisfying to run up that last hill to the floodgates and fill that infernal mine with a deluge of water. Then another difficult mission to plant explosives, then run to the detonator and blow up that foul underground torture chamber so that no zombies would survive. Well, it felt good, I tell you.
    Was that all of my trials? No. Not so much. I found myself on the rooftops of a great city that lay in ruins. A monster, a mutant, stod framed between tall buildings. He threw huge bricks at me while his smaller compadres fought me tooth and nail. I would have to run to a mounted machine gun and fire at the monster, (the boss) until one of three things happened
1) I ran out of ammo.
2) The gun overheated.
3) Zombies attacked me from behind and I had to spin around and kill them with my M-16. (When using this weapon, I had a flashback to firing this weapon in the military. It certainly liked to pull off target when on automatic fire.)
     By the way, when your mounted gun depletes its ammo, you have to run to another emplacement to shoot the monster. And, if you've heard the old adage that "The bigger they are, the harder they fall"?, well, this guy falls pretty hard. All in all, it is a great game and my thanks to the makers of Shadowgun for this new entry. By the way, Madfinger, when will Shadowgun 2 come out? I'd love to see it!
   From the rubble of this African city, as I gaze upon this tormented monster, now lying in the peace of death, I'm CE Wills, mutant killer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...