Skip to main content

This Mummy Needs To Get Out of My Face

    Hey, everyone. Recently I was on a 'dig' at a buried tomb and had a brush with the local populace. Yeah, I'm kidding. I was actually playing the new game called Escape From Doom. This game is an endless runner, which means that you start at the same point every time and your character runs, dodges etc. until meeting his...er... doom.
     The creators of this game have taken a page from Iron Man 3 and added a dynamic that involves finding weapons with which you can defend yourself (this game might be unpopular on Capitol Hill for this reason.)
     As you flee from the tomb, you dodge right and left to avoid mummies and try to run across vases and treasure chests which contain goodies like keys and the aforementioned weapons. The game also gives you goals like 'kill 10 mummies' or 'find so many keys'. Keys will unlock chests you run across. 5 keys will unlock additional ammo. Like most games, the rewards need to be more generous so that you won't have to grind so much to advance. I will give the developers a lot of credit for this; there are no in-apps that I can see.
    While you are running across the landscape you might be approaching what you believe to be a vase and find out that it is a mummy rising from the sand. Cool. If you have a gun, you tap the center of the screen to fire at the ugly bounders. After running a few miles you have to run through a sandstorm. There are good and bad results to a sandstorm. They uncover more vases and treasure chests. (Good). But you can't see the bad guys until you are right on them. (Bad). Later on, I understand that you encounter temples.
     This game is a paltry $1.99 and is fun to play. The graphics are good, as you can see from the screenshot above. I will say that this mummy needs to be getting out of my face. His breath stinks and his complexion is to die for. Ha, ha. He needs to hire an NFL trainer to give him a good tape job.
    From this gritty desert, I'm CE Wills; I'm scared and I want my mummy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...