Skip to main content

Thespian, King of Frogs


    Hey, everyone. I have had an interesting day, here at the author's green retreat. My heating and air unit was visited by a frog. I am not sure how long the little guy has been around, but he was inside the grill for the fan box. One day he would be on the left and the next day he would be on the right. My wife opined that he was one of those frogs who like to live on the edge. He thought that it would be cool to ride the air coming off the blades, like a skydiver floating in a wind-tunnel. This is certainly a worthy hypothesis but I had another thought about the long-legged rascal.
      I decided to name him Thespian, King of Frogs. I figured that he was trying to find a better land for his people to live in. He saw that the moisture from the unit's condensate line would provide clean water. There would be a few bugs drawn to the water, which would provide some nutrition. There was the added plus in the fact that no cat could reach a frog that was inside the grill.
     I'm sure that Thespian saw visions of a 'Lion King' sort of movie in his future. Doubtless, he had already contacted Elton John and Bernie Taupan to write the soundtrack. What he failed to see was that as he grew, he would no longer fit between the metal bars of his refuge. His refuge became a prison. Yes, he died inside the unit. I had to pull him forcefully by the leg to free him, flattening his head as you can see. He was stiff and dried up.
      After a moment of silence ... and a few photos, I tossed him into the middle of the yard. Then, today when I mowed, I most certainly chopped him into tiny pieces. I am relatively confident that Thespian will rot and fertilize the yard. It is nice to think that he will make my yard greener, year to year, and fulfill that 'Circle of Life' one hears so much about.
      He died a noble death as he tried to lead his subjects to that fabled land of milk and honey. He will be an inspiration to frogs everywhere.
    Today, at dusky sundown, to his name we'll drink a round. Thespian, the frog that dared to search for greener pastures and fatter flies. We bid you good night, sweet prince.
    From this brave frontier of frogdom, I'm CE Wills. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...