Skip to main content

The Appetite

    Hey, everyone. Yesterday was rather odd for me. For some reason, everything I ate tasted delicious. Therefore, I ate a lot of food. There are some days I don't care if I eat or not.
    I remember a time, years ago, when I went 28 days without eating anything. That's another story and an interesting story. Perhaps someday, I'll tell you about it.
    Today is a beautiful day here in the mountains. It is 60 degrees, very unusual for late November. We just came back from a stroll in the woods. We found the tracks of a huge doe, probably the largest that I have ever seen. They were so big that I wondered if they were made by an elk. Perhaps it was a doe with an appetite like mine.
     There is supposed to be a big rain coming to the South. We need every drop we can get after all the years of low rainfall. Of course, we are on well water here at the green retreat. The big rain will be good for the well, I'm sure. The other day I took a sample of water from the creek and a second sample from the kitchen sink. I took them to be sampled for bacteria. The sample turned out clean.
     Do you remember, back in the summer, I mentioned that the ticks were really bad this year? One of the ticks that latched onto my chest had buried its head so deep that I could not remove it, even with tweezers, a needle etc. I decided to just leave the darn thing. Well, last night I got up in the middle of the night and noticed that my body had rejected the thing and it was on the surface with a bit of dead skin. Yeah, I know. Disgusting. I removed it and it felt good to do so. I suppose that ticks have a useful function in this world but I don't know what the heck it is. I vote that we kill them all.
     I know that I have a lot of new readers on the blog and I wanted to mention the blog archives. If you look to your right and down, there is a listing of my old blogs. They are arranged by months and years. There are some good posts in there and I think it might be a pleasant read for you. They are all free and cover a wide variety of subjects. There are no hidden links or adds or anything harmful. Some are serious, some are silly. I believe that there are around 400 of them, covering almost two years. Isn't it amazing how time flies? As I've said many times before, make a point to do those things you've always wanted to do in life. Perhaps one a year. Because the time will come when you will have no opportunity to do them.
     Carley has been busy typing a novel I wrote years ago. It is the third and final novel in the series about Ben, Karina, the giant Miller and the Chinese beauty, Mai. It is the story of an America trying to recover from a nuclear attack, thrown back to a time with no stores, no electricity, no vehicles. It is about an occupying army and prisons filled with captive women. It is about the men and women who dare to fight back.
     The name of the book is called Lost Gap. It is actually the first book I ever wrote. Then I went back and wrote two novels on the front end of it, and published them. These novels are KGB Retirement and Karina's Journal.
    I've been having some fun with the books. Those of y'all (southern term for all-inclusive) who have read my free short story called Shenandoah will be surprised to see those characters reappear in my Notch Series. In fact, when I'm done, all my books will tie together in some way. For instance, Sam Nokin, a character in one series, appears in another novel called Climbers Reward. That is a story about the turbulent sixties, with which I am intimately acquainted. This book is definitely adults only. It is pretty racy stuff. Another cross-over character is a drug dealer in the series that starts with The Dan Tattoo. His name is Felix Delgado. In Spam and Rice (the third novel in that series) he is the head of a cartel in Mexico who has a change of heart. In Climber's Reward, Felix makes a cameo appearance, several decades earlier.
    Well, it appears that I am rambling on again. It is my wish that you have a nice weekend, free from drama. I'll probably post at least once more this weekend. Adios.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe