Skip to main content

The Vampire Gnats

    Hey, everyone. Another exciting day here at the green retreat. My high point thus far was killing a gnat. We have these gnats that love to bite your face. They are almost invisible because they are tiny. The best way to kill them is to lurk at the glass doors during the early morning or late evening, where you can see them against the light. I suppose that they are attempting to get back to their crypt before the sun gets high. I hate these voracious critters. Their bites make your face itch. They particularly like to bite the area of my brows. Someday I may work up the nerve to follow one of them back to their crypt and drive a spike through the whole place. Sorry, Halloween is over and Thanksgiving is here... I am so thankful that I killed this stupid gnat that has been biting me.
      In non-gnat news, I see that police are reopening the Natalie Wood case. She drowned off the coast of California many moons ago. Evidently the Captain of Natalie's yacht has been saying some things about that evening, and his statements, as well as an anonymous letter, have prompted some curiosity. Natalie was a stunning beauty. She was a terrific actress and Splendor In The Grass almost scorched the screen back in the day, being quite racy for that time. She seemed to be more girl-next-door than the bombshell type of starlet. I always liked her. She was in many hits, like Rebel Without A Cause, The Searchers and West Side Story.
     Those of you who are tired of getting stuck at a tough part of shooter games, I have a suggestion. Try Battlefield Bad Company 2. This game may not be quite as good in the graphics department as some others but it seems as though somebody understands that 'EASY' means not excruciating. I have been enjoying it. Also, my wife, the puzzler, is trying to convert me and has gotten me started on 4 Elements. This game has the player trying to get this green lava stuff from point a to point b by making matches and destroying rocks,ice and using power-ups. You have these exploding arrows that clear a path, which makes the game quite palatable for an old shooter like myself. There is plenty of depth and the game is relaxing after you have grown frustrated with level 3 of Modern Warfare or Shadowgun's !@#$  driller!
     Well, more excitement awaits me so I must go. I plan on a walk in the woods, a bacon and tomato sandwich for breakfast, a stimulating drive to the mailbox and perhaps some work on a new novel.
    From the home of the biting gnats, I'm CE Wills.
P.S. Perhaps some developer will make a game called Gnat Battle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...