Skip to main content

AR Dead Raid: First Impressions

     Hey, everyone. I am so glad that the weekend is here. Hoping for some fun and relaxation. This morning I downloaded two new zombie games. One of the games is probably going to be a little different for you. The reason is that the zombies appear in your home. What I mean is this: The game utilizes the I-Pad's built-in camera and then puts the zombies wherever you are. The first time I fired it up, I was sitting on the sofa with Carley. We were both a little freaked when a small zombie appeared  on the coffee table at her feet, grew quickly to full size, then attacked us. No, I am not kidding.
      As you turn in a circle with your device, you shoot your pistol at the fiendish undead. There is a button that you can tap to bring up a set of iron sights, which are very useful. If you don't get head shots, you won't get very far. I have yet to beat the first level. I just recently discovered a helpful tool, however, and now have hope. The game has a time slow down, called Cruel Time. This is very nice and will be essential to success, in my opinion.
     Once, while turning circles in the living room and blasting creatures, I saw a cute little granny walk across the screen, carrying a basket of laundry. It took me aback for a split second, until I realized that it was my wife. Ha, ha. After all these years of knowing her, I was unaware that she could walk through zombies at will.
     There are no in-app purchases that I can see and the cost of the game is free until September 23, so you had better hustle.
    I have one more thing to talk about with this game. The sight of a zombie in such close proximity to familiar sights may be a bit intense for smaller kids. I think that it could give them a nightmare or two. Remember when your kids wanted you to come and remove the monster from under the bed? Well, with this game, they could literally see a zombie come from under the bed.
    The graphics, being your yard, living room or...wife (with laundry) are truly breath-taking. I hope those darn zombies didn't damage my guitar...
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...