Skip to main content

Blood Roofs: First Impressions

    If you have time on this busiest and best of Sports weekends, you might want to check out a game called Bloodroofs. It is an endless runner/jumper/shooter. The graphics are top-notch and the gameplay is fun. It is $2.99 at the moment and the file size is a small 47 MB. It just came out on the ole app store moments ago and I took the notion to buy it. Here's the recipe.
    In a spooky world of rain, monsters and magic, you play as Jake, a macho, roof jumping, lady-carrying dude. It is coming a heck of a storm and a group of evil magicians have called forth some monsters to take control of the city. As Jake flees from roof to roof he has to swing down, using his whip for a rope, and snatch Catherine to his breast. She is lying on a roof with an injured leg and an automatic weapon. So, Jake carries her, runs and jumps from roof to roof, while the lovely Catherine shoots the ghouls. By the way, you pick up coins and other goodies as you run. An interesting characteristic of this game is that you steer the runner by tilting the device and simultaneously jump with the left thumb and shoot with the right thumb. Sounds busy, you say? I should smile.
    You can get unlocks for other characters, like Shaneela, a mermaid who sports red hair, flippers and hangs from an odd helicopter device. Another unlock is Jane, who sports a flamethrower and a set of convict clothes. Before I forget, these same game developers came out with d-Capitatrix which is much-revered by me for the lady robot's 'walk' in that game. 'Nuff said on that. Wow.
    The tilt part of the controls makes it easy to flip your character as you are running. It will need adjusting by the developers, I bet, because it will freak you out to be running and gunning, then suddenly be upside down. If you fall off the roof, you 'die' and start back at the beginning, like any endless runner.
    I like the atmosphere of this game. What I mean is, it's raining, it's storming, a train rattles by overhead, a lot of attention to detail. At one point I must have picked up a power-up or something, because suddenly I sprouted black wings and flew off a little ways with this lady, Catherine. It was cool, to say the least. I imagine that this may appeal to all the Twilight, vampire movie/gamer fans out there, although I don't care much for vampires, as a rule. Not to be prejudiced or anything. Vampires have to get by, I guess.
     There are no in-apps listed on the app store page for this game, but there are possible in-apps for game coins to buy stuff. The in-apps are a bit pricey for a $2.99 game, in my opinion. I will probably not buy 5000 coins for 99 cents, even, considering the $2.99 price.
     My overall view of this game is favorable. Nice graphics and atmosphere, extremely fast-paced for an old-timer like me, and a feeling of adventure about it. If you want to see a video before buying, click the developers link on the app store page for the game. I hope you sprout wings and rescue the Lady Catherine.
    I'm CE Wills, adventurer.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...