Skip to main content

Guest Blogger

    Hello. My name is Tom and I am a turkey. I live here at the green retreat and C.E. Wills asked me if I'd be his guest blogger today. When I asked him what I should talk about, he replied, "Anything you want. Tell the folks what you are thankful for."
     Well! There is so much that I am thankful for. We turkeys are not a particularly religious crowd, but I'll give it a try.
1) I am thankful for the green retreat. I love to walk the forest paths and peck at things. The hills give a nice echo to my gobbles and there is always the hope that a female turkey will show up. There are acorns and hickory nuts galore. Most importantly, C.E. doesn't allow hunting on the green retreat, so I feel safe.
2) I am thankful that it is a sunny, warm day. Makes me want to spread my brilliant plumage and fly for a short distance. I am thankful for the cool sound I make as I fly. It is a whirring, rushing sound that inspires awe, especially if a bunch of us turkeys are flying together. It is neat to scare the crap out of someone. Not literally, of course, though that could happen.
3) I am thankful that the weather has been better,lately. We turkeys don't like global warming and the dry weather that has come to pass. We had a 7 year drought here at the green retreat, which I am told is almost biblical, though turkeys, as a rule, cannot read. I am glad that there is water in the creek, now.
4) I am most thankful for my buddy, CE Wills. He loves me. During the dry years, he gave me water in a fountain which he put in his front 'yard'. It is not really a yard, because it is just woods. He also puts out corn for me. He lays it on an old tree stump. The flavor of the rotting oak gives the corn a nice little zing. Plus, I don't have to work for it, so I can be lazy. CE just tells me not to worry about food. That I should just concentrate on getting fat and happy.
    CE is a great guy. We walk the forest paths together. He carries a gun so I don't have to worry about those ***** mountain lions and coyotes. He is a bit of an odd person. He sits on the deck and meditates aout stuff. He is continually typing some sort of BS. He sits in the sun and plays games a lot, cackling like a madman when he does well against the 'forces of darkness'. He writes books, so I'm told. I wish that I could read them...
    His wife is named Carley and she is a very kind person. She is a bit of a germaphobe, so she doesn't really pet me, or touch me at all. At the moment, she is preparing a huge meal. The kids and grandkids must be coming today... I don't really see any meat in her meal preparations. Guess that is a good thing. Hey, there comes my good pal, CE. I am so thankful for him! Wonder what he's gonna do with that axe? Usually he uses a chain-saw to cut firewood...
    From the author's green retreat, I'm Tom.
P.S. This is a work of fiction. No turkeys were harmed during the making of this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is his AI, but Cybe