Skip to main content

The Raccoon Bird,Tiramasu and the I-Pad 4


    Hey, everyone. There was a strange, but cool, bird hanging out on my deck today. It would not move, even when we walked within a foot of it. It had a mask like a raccoon, though I suspect it was not a raccoon due to the wings. Note the yellow tail. We thought it might be laying eggs or warming them, but I didn't feel justified in lifting it up to look. I noticed a blob of white underneath it and wondered if I had spilled some white paint during the painting of the bannisters. When Carley was taking pictures of the unfortunate creature, I teased her about being a paparazzi and how the bird probably felt victimized by her attentions. All is well, however, as the bird is still ensconced in the same spot.
    We went out to eat today. We ate at a place called Ruby Tuesday's. I had soup and salad and some Asian Dumplings. They had chopped chicken, carrots and other mystery things inside a grilled bread crust. Different. We split two deserts because we couldn't make up our minds. We had Tiramasu, which was a first for me, and a chocolate cake with hot fudge in the center. There was also ice cream and strawberries on the plate. Serious nutrition.
    We stopped by Best Buy and checked out the new I-Pad Mini. It felt weird in my hands after handling full-size Padsters every day for several years. It was light and the display was okay, though not as good as my I-Pad 3, of course, since it has the retina display. Those long-time readers are doubtless saying, "Ahah! This is where he says that he bought the new I-Pad 4. I knew he'd have to have it!" Au contraire, mon ami. I did, in fact, resist temptation, but here's the interesting part. They actually had minis and full-size available. The only thing sold out was the 16 GB size of the I-Pad Mini. They had all sizes of the new I-Pad, the I-Pad 4 with the A6x chip, available. There was no line. It surprised me after witnessing the apple feeding frenzies of the past several years.
    Hey, gamers. Did you think I had forsaken you? Not. You should go to the friendly neighborhood app store and download a title called Warm Gun. It is free, as we speak, and a fun little shooter. I did a review on it at some point. Also, there is a game that has turned free called Wimp: Who Stole My Pants. This game is a bit of an oddity. It was named, at first, Wimp: Who Stole My Panties, but I guess that must have sounded too racy, so they changed it. You travel through a sewer, it appears, collecting rolls of toilet paper. In answer to your righteous question, I am not kidding. It is cute, and different, unlike me; I am just different. Ha, ha.
     I paid 99 centabos for a space shooter called Arc Squadron. It is an introductory price. The game appears to have good graphics and if it is wonderful, I will give a full review. You fly a spaceship and blast aliens. Speaking of which, did you see where George Lucas sold his Star Wars franchise for 4 Billion or something? I think it's cool that they will now have three more Star Wars movies.
    Hey, y'all. Try a game called Punch Quest. It is cool and fun for an endless runner. Also, I am playing Aftermath, an apocalyptic zombie shooter with a weird principle. You roam dark streets with a flashlight. If a zombie is touched by the light your gun automatically starts shooting him. Odd, right?
    Well, I want to finish my James Lee Burke novel so I must bid you goodbye, from the author's green retreat.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...