Skip to main content

The Cylindrical Death Device

      Hey, everyone. I recently bought an excellent game by Chillingo called Storm the Train. This is a platformer and you are tasked with running and jumping, but with the twist that you are on board a moving train. I have chosen the role of Graham, a secret agent who has been sent to the scene by a helicopter transport and dropped on this rolling vehicle of carnage. Heck, the train has been overrun by zombies, skeletons, vampires and space robots, to name a few. The bosses are very tough and include Count Dracula, who throws spears at me.
     You can accumulate gold coins in the game and use them to upgrade weapons and clothing. At present, I have a rifle and an Uzi. Ammo is limitless, thank goodness, because the fighting is fierce.
    My favorite part of the game is when I come upon a "Cylindrical Death Device". This thing is cool. It is perfectly round and rolls toward the enemy. It is impervious to their attacks and grinds them to powder. Very cool. Then you hear a warning siren and you know that there is a missile coming. At such a moment, you must hit the 'jump' button and leap over the incoming missile, or your cylinder is shattered. This is mega-cool.
        Another fun part of the game is when you use your ill-gotten gains to buy a drone. This is like a mechanical flying friend who shoots all your enemies with a ray-blaster. It is a welcome break from fighting all by yourself, you know? He only hangs around for a while, then disappears. I feel better when he is hovering over my rear shoulder, I'll tell you that.
    When you fight your way to the front of the train, you must jump to a train which is just in front of your train. (Always wanted to do that.) When you do, the clientele of the train will change. On one train there are graveyards with tombstones and gold coins. There are upper and lower paths to take on the rail cars. I love to run along the top of a car, blasting skeletons, then drop to the lower car and run backward through an area, shooting zombies in the back when they think that I am above them. Pitiful creatures, to match brains with a more or less human being.
     This game cost me a whole dollar. It is fun, action packed and one of the better games on the store. I played it for 2 hours last night. The in-apps are not too demanding and I think you will like it. From this spooky train,
   I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...