Skip to main content

Game Review: Carnivores, Ice Age

    Hey, everyone. I was very excited to see that my friends at Tatem Games had brought out a new edition of their Carnivore game. As you may remember, their Carnivore: Dinosaur Hunter is my favorite game. So, when I saw that they had brought out a new one it was a no-brainer to buy it.
    The new game is $2.99, like the previous one. It has five different hunting areas and 9 different prehistoric beasts you can hunt. These include the wooly rhinoceros, a huge, moose-type creature, a monstrous wolf, a mammoth, a cave bear that weighs 3 tons and a saber-tooth tiger they call a smilodon. (sounds like a game show host)
    Like its predecessor, the game is great fun. I was hunting one of the big wolves that weighs almost half a ton. As he charged me one of my bullets must have struck his spine because he yelped and leaped straight up in the air and fell dead. It so startled me that I jumped about a foot in my seat. Very comical.
    One of the animals you hunt is this 6 foot carnivorous chicken with a bad attitude. He reminds me of an ostrich. Its fun to lure him in with a fake call, then drop the hammer on him. I'm sure it would taste like chicken, if I could grill it.
    If you are a devotee of the first game and hoping for something radically different, this probably is not your dream come true. What it is, well, its a 5 star game, very playable, very fun and definitely worth your hard-earned coin at $2.99.
    A couple of other notes. My wife asked me if perhaps, I was getting too engrossed in my gaming. This took me by surprise as nothing could be further from the truth. I was sitting in my recliner, dressed in my asbestos suit with a flowing white scarf around my neck, goggles and the whole enchilada. I was involved in a race at Mayapan Beach on Real Racing 2. I guess what worried her was when I laughed cruelly while nudging a fellow racer into a wall at 175 miles an hour. It put a dent in my Vette, by the way.
    Also, I wrote a short story tonight. It's good and I might use it as an ending for a novel or publish it as a short story on Smashwords. I'll let you know in a few days.
    Lastly, if anyone from Tatem Games reads this, could you create a game where we can go on an African safari? Or maybe a hunt in Appalachia, USA, where an elderly guy hunts mountain lions, zen squirrels and lonesome turtles named Walter.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's So Easy

     Hey, everyone, out there in etherland. I've been playing some new songs this morning on my keyboard. You may remember a Buddy Holly tune called It's So Easy . I hadn't matched the title to the song before today so I was delighted when I saw that it was the one that goes like this: "It's so easy to fall in love, it's so easy to fall in love." It rocks pretty good. A later version of it, after amps and guitars had improved, really rocked. It seems like Joan Jett may have done a version. Anyway, I was playing this song and I thought about a fun thing I like to do. Sometimes I'll start to play a song and tell Carley, or the grandkids, whoever may be there, a silly story about it.      For instance, I would say that once upon a time Buddy Holly came to me and said, "CE, I need a hit, my man. The kids need shoes. I want to go on American bandstand, you know what I'm saying?"     "Yeah, Buddy, I hear you. But the thing is, I think ...

Movie Review: Limitless

    Hey, everyone. I ventured off the mountain today, down into the haunts of men. I'll tell you about a movie I saw, then later I'll tell you about some other stuff. The movie is Unlimited . This is a story that you would have to call science fiction, but in the not so distant future you may call it reality.      Bradley Cooper plays Edward Morra. If you looked up loser in the dictionary you would see this guy's picture. He has freeloaded off his girlfriend for years. He claims to be a writer but can't seem to put words on paper. His woman leaves him; he is a scroungy, dirty dude with no future, no drive and no money. He is about to be evicted from his scummy apartment.     Then he bumps into an old friend. The friend wants him to try a new drug which comes in the form of a small, clear pill. What Edward doesn't know is that the pill is pretty awesome. The drug is designed to unlock the true potential of the human brain. We only use a...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...