Skip to main content

Game Review: Real Racing 2

    Hey, everyone and a happy Valentine's Day to you. I bought Real Racing 2 for I-Phone last weekend and I've played it quite a bit this past week. I put the I-Phone version on my I-Pad because there is no I-Pad version available as of this writing. As a result, the graphics are not as crisp as they could have been in HD or whatever. They are still quite good. I bought the game for half price, a healthy $4.99.
     As I mentioned in a previous comment, the big difference with this game over all the other racing games on the app store is an impressive 16 car field in various races. It will get you wired up and hunkered down on the wheel, like a granny that's had too much caffeine. It's a ton of fun, no lie.
    At the beginning they have it fixed where you have to race with somewhat uninspiring cars. I made the mistake of pressing forward to buy hotter cars. The smart thing to do is select the easy option, (thank goodness a developer has listened to me and put in the easy mode ) then follow the plan and plug away with your little car until you're promoted to the bigger races and you get a sponsor and all that. When it gets to the point where you can't race the available tracks because you need a bigger engine, then upgrade and rock and roll.
    I like all the racing games with the exception of Reckless Racing but this one is probably the best because of the 16 car field. I also like racing cars like the hot Mustangs. Hey, not a lot of Jaguars in this neck of the woods. The normal price of $9.99 is not too much to ask for this game, even for a cheapskate like me. If you wanted to wait for the I-Pad version, I could certainly see the wisdom of that.
    When you and your competitors start getting aggressive and swapping paint, damage is done and you may see cars with bumpers hanging half way to the ground in the later stages of races. There are times when there is a big group jammed up through a tight corner and you swoop in amongst them and , finding a seam, zig right, then left, and you've passed four cars to take the lead. Take my word for it, racing fans, you won't be disappointed by this one.
    In the latter stages of the game there are cars that sell for several hundred thousand dollars, so the most elite racers will be impressed, I'm sure. Again, my thanks to the developers for the easy button.
    From the author's green retreat, I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...