Skip to main content

My Biggest Fan

     Hey, everyone. The picture above was taken of a fan that I have on the wall, here at the green retreat. It is hand painted and I bought it in a Chinese curio shop. I thought it would give a splash of color. Peoples' reactions have varied from a polite nod to one lady who commented that it was on the level of a velour picture of Elvis Presley. I was not crushed by her rudeness, nor did I tell her that she was free to leave, if she felt she were slumming. It was of little import to me, what her opinion was. For that matter, I have yet to find a picture of the king of rock and roll that I didn't like fairly well, because I liked the man. Hey, I like elephants too, especially when they are happy.
      I had sort-of promised to tell you guys about a free game that I downloaded from the app store called Judge Dredd Vs. Zombies. For a free game this is pretty cool. It has a similar control scheme to the popular Min-Gore and it is a shooter game. You play Judge Dredd and you have to go through these mazes, fighting zombies. The first zombies you encounter are silver colored and can be killed with one shot. Later you have to fight gold colored zombies which take several shots to kill. Around level five there is a big zombie who menaces you. He resembles the Michelin Tire Man and he is really big. When you shoot the dude he blows up and makes a bit of a mess.
     There are better guns to buy and other accessories but you don't have to spend your own dinero on them. I like the controls better than most games of this type, you can actual control where your bullets go and have some success. I like the game.
    Carley has been playing an update of the very cool game called Plants Vs. Zombies. In the update, you get to be the zombies instead of the plants. When your zombie eats the sunflowers you get to assimilate any sunshine that they have. You get points for them. I won't go into all the details of the original version but I will say that it is one of the best games on the app store and probably the only Tower Defense style game that I can enjoy. It is currently marked down to 99 cents for the I-Phone version, I believe.
      Dead Space is one of the more popular games on the app store. It is on sale for 99 cents. I don't like the game a lot but you may want it. It is a horror game and not my style, plus it is hard to get started on and hard to beat.
    I have mentioned Desert Zombie, Last Stand, several times. I mention this game again tonight because it is on sale for 99 cents. It is a steal for this price. If you want to see my review of the game, browse the posts for the last couple of weeks. Good game for a great price.
     For those puzzlers among us, you can download a game called Tangram. Let me say that I have no idea if it is good or bad. It may be either. I just downloaded it for my wife and I haven't even tried it or seen her try it. I mention it because I noticed it was free a moment ago.
   I hope that you have a good start to your week tomorrow. As for me, I think I will jump in bed and cover my head; no, that won't be necessary until Christmas Eve. I bid you a goodnight.
    I'm CE Wills.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To Kill A Lobster (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. I had not planned on posting tonight but I have to make something right. I gave Shadowgun a good review last night but I didn't do it justice. Tonight I got past the vicious Cyber Lobster and went on to play a lot more. This is a terrific game! Last night I would have rated it 4 stars out of 5. Tonight I give it 5 stars out of 5. By the way, here's a spoiler alert. If you don't want to know how to kill the lobster, don't read any further. I say this because I had several people come to the blog that were looking for the silver bullet ( figure of speech from old Dracula movies, not literal weapon for lobster) to kill this behemoth.      When the monster appears, he starts firing missiles at you out of his mechanical mouth. Don't run and hide behind a barrier. Get close to him and run back and forth, dodging missiles until you can blast the lime colored ball of light that appears periodically over his head. I suspect that this is hi...

Dr. Simon's Exoskeleton (Shadowgun)

    Hey, everyone. Nice to be back with you after a tough, hectic week. We have had some snow, sleet, fog, drizzle, torrential rain and flooding this week.      I'd like to talk, yet again, about Shadowgun , the shooter game for I-Padster. I was much further along than what I thought when I posted about some of the battles yet to be faced for those of you who had just killed the Driller. The fact is that I am on the last level. This level has Dr. Simon, the resident evil nutcase, inhabiting a monstrous, powerful robot. His brain resides in a bubble on top, much like a cherry on a hot fudge Sunday. (Yes, I am still on my eating binge) It is a tremendous fight because you not only have to kill this huge semi-person, but there are a bunch of mutant guards, flying drones etc. to deal with at the same time. I had played the darn level about thirty times and decided to check out someone else's battle. So I went to You-Tube and typed in, Dr. Simon Exoskelet...

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As...