Skip to main content

Games For That Shiny New I-Pad

     Howdy. I thought I'd change my greeting to a more country sounding one. Today is Christmas and I thought I'd help out the folks who have a new I-Pad or I-Phone. Here is a list of the very best games for you to buy for that shiny new device. I have a list for the puzzlers and one for the shooters among you. Let's start with the shooters, since my wife is cooking breakfast and can't tell me about puzzles right now.
1) 9MM- This is a game in which you are a slightly shady cop. You steal a satchel of money from a drug dealer and have to shoot it out with his minions. I played it all the way through. It is very long, very intense, very cool. For 99 cents, you should be investigated by Internal Affairs for buying this game. (Sale)
2) Nova 2- The preeminent space shooter on the app store. You fight your way across an alien world. You don't have anything personal against the giant mechs and soldiers but hey, you have to put them down. It is very deep and very good. On sale for 99 cents and it is a steal. If you work for a living, it will likely take you months to finish it.
3) Shadowgun- This game is on sale for $2.99 and it is so worth it. It is a long and good game, a devastating combo. You are a hired gun, in a future galaxy. You go into an alien world to take down a mad scientist who builds cyborgs and giant monster robots. It's hard to beat but will provide months of enjoyment.
4) Carnivore, Dinosaur Hunter- In this game, you go out on Dino hunts, like you're in a Jurassic park. When a T-Rex is coming at you with the speed of a freight train, you'll be glad you bought this game.
5) Modern Combat 3; Fallen Nation- Great war game. Graphics and game play are among the best on the I-Pad. It is set during world war 3 and you play as an American soldier. America has fallen and you have to get some payback.
6) Rainbow Six- As the commander of an elite SEAL team, you must complete various missions. The responsibility of keeping your team members alive as you breach doors and land on oil platforms weighs heavily on your broad shoulders.
7) Rage HD- Intense action and graphics for shooter dudes. About as much fun as you can have without breaking the law. Battle mutants in underground, spooky places. This one is shorter but totally worth the cheap price.
8) Real Golf 2011- Yes, I know it is not a shooter, but I have spent more time playing it than any other game. It is relaxing and pleasurable.
9) Asphalt 6, Adrenaline- The best racing game on I-Pad. You race all  over the world. The competition will run you off the road, and you wreck them, where possible. The graphics and gameplay are superb. You will literally have your pulse quickened by the racing, and perhaps by the voice of your 'spotter'. A must have.
10) Desert Zombie- An outbreak of zombies has occurred and since you are on someone's hate list, you are sent into the combat zone. Fast paced, action-packed, great graphics. Yeah, I'm up for that. 99 cents. Let's see you get a game for that price on X-Box.
     Well, there's a quick list to start you off. I'll put a link at the bottom of the post for my write-ups of I-Pad games and subjects. There are a bunch of them, they're free and fun. This afternoon, I'll have Carley give you a quick list of her favorite puzzle games. I call her the 'High Priestess of Puzzlers' and she is good at them. Until that time, I'm CE Wills, from the author's green retreat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadowgun: Killing The Windbreaker

    Hey, everyone. I thought it might be a good time for a bit of an update on the riveting game called Shadowgun. Consider this your spoiler alert and tune out if you want to.     Once you get past the dreaded Driller, things get better but you are certainly not out of the woods. You will want to make sure you keep a full clip in your gun as you stroll through the realm of the evil and crazy Dr. Simon. But hey, you're John Slade, the Shadowgun, and wherever you set your foot is the place to which your authority extends.      I love the way that some of the barriers disintegrate under the impact of bullets. I didn't learn this at my mother's knee but I darn sure know it now. I have learned that there are certain places it is good to plan on using the rocket launcher. Keep your stock of those filled. There are these transporter guys who are aggressive punks. The only way they respect you is if you kill them, so that's the way I roll. As you know by now, their strategy

Shadowgun: Crushing The Driller On Level 4

      Hey, everyone. Let's talk about the game called Shadowgun, the I-Pad game with which I have a love-hate relationship. Most of you who made it past the evil Cyber Lobster are doubtless locked in a death struggle with the Driller at the end of level 4. At this point you have been in the cave for a long time. The Driller breaks through the rock wall and chases you through the tunnel as you try to shoot out the green lights which slows the Driller down. If you are slick enough to shoot out all the lights and emerge from the cave, a rolling door crashes on the Driller and crushes his aggravating carcass. I have tried and failed to beat the Driller at least 250 times. I hate the Driller to the heights and depths my soul can reach. I hate it like a plague. I hate it with intensity of feeling. I hate it like a rich man hates taxes. Excuse me, I got carried away.       We had a big dinner here at the green retreat and my friend Trevor was here today. He is my gaming consultant. I tol

Men In Black 3, Just Empty Black Suits?

    Hey, everyone, out there in the world! Nice of you to stop by. Today I downloaded Men In Black 3 for I-Pad. There were a number of positive reviews on the app store, but there were several reviews that complained about the game failing to open. This was my experience. It opened to the screen shown above and froze there. At least it was free. I have an I-Pad 3, so maybe you will have better luck with yours.     EA games is having a big sale for the holiday weekend. I already have most of the titles which are on sale, however. I did buy several games this weekend, though, and I'd like to tell you about them.    Get Out of My Galaxy is a Mario type of space game in which you control a monster with 4 arms. The dude eats rocks and has a penchant for slapping little cone-headed aliens. There are a certain number of aliens to slap on every planet, then you move on to the next world. There are power-ups to grab as you go along, for health and other things. There is prickly vegetatio